Chapter 47| No Fight Left

Start from the beginning

"You know who? Don't play dumb. Why? She didn't want to come back so you kidnapped her. I saw your guy parked outside the house, watching her every move. Probably with a pair of binoculars too you sick fuck."

I snarled at the accusation, images of Kane's video tape coming to light. "I would never do that. My man was there for her safety."

"That's what he claimed too, he told me she left when he was on a call and was about to follow her when I arrived. I don't buy it for one second. She hasn't come back to the house, her wallet and keys are at home. She's not answering her phone, so what? Did you kidnap her when she rounded the corner? Do you have her stashed here somewhere?"

The jerk had the audacity to start rummaging through my drawers, as if I had kidnapped Kiara and then stashed her in a tiny drawer for later.

"Are you thick or something? She's not here, I don't know where she is. Neil was there for her safety, I wasn't about to let her go around unprotected. I haven't seen her since" I hated reliving it. Every moment, ever harsh word that left my mouth, the tears that I caused. "...since that night."

"You're telling the truth?"

"Of course I am. Why would I ever hurt her? I lo...care for her." He seemed as taken aback as I was at my sudden outburst. Did I just almost...no, I couldn't. You can't love.

"Well, she's missing then."

"How do you know that she's not just out?" Kiara loved clubbing, shopping and this seemed like the prime time for both of those things.

"She wouldn't just leave without a text or a call. I always come over at this time, and besides she barely leaves the house." I felt this sudden surge of anger and jealously rush through my body. The thought of his hands on her naked body, his lips on hers. She was mine.

No, she wasn't. Not anymore. I couldn't claim her, I couldn't be jealous or angry. I broke her heart. Then, why does it hurt so much? Why does my heart clench at just the thought of her beautiful face?

"Why do you go over to her house?" I tried to make my voice sound as less inconspicuous as I could but he caught on to the slight tinge of jealously in my tone and smirked.

"So we can fuck all night long." He cocked his head to the side. "Problem?"

I pulled back my fist, only to launch it straight at his perfectly straight nose. Maybe if I disfigured him, Kiara wouldn't want him anymore?

I got in another three punches, taking him completely off guard, before he grabbed my fist and pushed me back.

"I was joking, I was screwing with you." I stopped where I was.

"What the fuck? Why?" I spat out, wincing when I looked down to my bloody and slightly bruised knuckles.

"Because you deserved it. I didn't realise you would be a pyscho about it though. We slept together once, the night you broke up. We were both heavily drunk though and regretted it the next day, so don't blame her."

"I never would." I deserved it. I deserved every tiny bit of pain thrown my way.

"Now back to Kiara? You know the love our lives that's currently missing." I chose to ignore his choice of words, and grabbed a tissue box, throwing it his way.