PTSD

Prompt: Amelia helps Owen through a PTSD episodes.
Request ameliasowen

AMELIAS POV
"Hey Owen are you almost ready to go?" I asked as I walked upstairs into our bedroom. I opened the door and he was standing in the dark looking out the window.
"Owen?" I asked as I walked over to him, "you alright." He didn't say anything and he was breathing heavy. I went to go put my hand on his back and he pulled away.
"They died," he said.
"Who died?" I asked softly.
"The men," he said, "the explosion killed them." I realized he was having a PTSD episode.
"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked him softly.
"Can you turn off the fan?" He asked.
"Sure," I nodded and walked over and flipped the light switch to turn off the ceiling fan.
"Wanna sit on the bed Owen?" I asked.
"No the fan," he said.
"Wanna go downstairs?" I asked. He nodded. We walked downstairs and sat down on the couch.
"Can I hold your hand?" I asked him. I always had to be gentle when he was having PTSD because the slightest touch could set him off.
"Yeah," he said and squeezed my hand.
"It's my fault," he said as he started crying.
"What's your fault honey?" I asked.
"I wasn't there, they all died," he said. I brought him into a hug and he cried into me.
"I was supposed to be there but I got held back with Teddy, so I just took the next transportation there," he said.
"That's not your fault, I'm sure you were doing someone important with Teddy," I said and stroked her hair.
"We were helping some of the other troops get out," he said.
"Okay okay," I said.
"And sleeping before, the ceiling fan reminded me before of the helicopter," he said crying, "I felt like I was back there."
"We won't use the fan anymore I promise," I said and rubbed his back.
"Okay," he cried.
"I'm sorry they died," I said.
"It's not your fault," he said softly.
"Not yours either," I said and looked at him, "you're so strong Owen. I can't ever know what you went through, but I know it was tough. And I'm here for you I promise."
"Thank you," he said and hugged me.
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too," he said. I kissed his head as we snuggled in the couch. I held him close to me as he calmed down. I hoped his PTSD could get better for him. He's been doing therapy a lot lately.
"Feeling okay?" I asked him.
"Yeah, thanks for calming me down," he said.
"Of course," I said. I rubbed his back as he continued to lean into me.
"Why don't we make some dinner?" I asked him.
"Okay," Owen said.
"Come on let's go," I said and got up. I got out the ingredients to make tacos and Owen started the stove for the meat. We started cooking together, well really he was cooking since I'm not the best cook.
"So by cooking you meant watch?" Owen joked.
"You know I can't cook," I pouted.
"You're lucky you're cute Amelia," Owen chuckled and leaned in and kissed me.
"Mhm," I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his chest.
"I love you," Owen said as he put one arm around my waist.
"I love you too," I said.
"Thank you for all that you do to help me," he said softly.
"You don't have to thank me," I said softly, "I love you."
"And I love you," Owen said.