Chapter 4- Family Time.

Start from the beginning

"From where?" Brayden questioned in a parently-like manner.. "From school," she mumbled. It was true. A british public school was a prime spot for crude language. Some people got really creative.

"Eye contact, Brynn," Zaiden scolded.

"Don't be a dick, Zai," Zach responded.

"Language, Zach!" Callan scolded and had his hands out in front of him exasperated.

Brynn kept her head down, willing herself to stop smiling as Zach gave a guilty smile to Callan.

Whilst they were distracted, Brynn subtly and stealthily slid her plate away. Much to her dissatisfaction, Silas slid it right back, "eat."

"Come on, Silas, she's had enough," Zach stood up and held her shoulders from behind her chair.

This time when she tensed it wasn't subtle and silence clouded the room, like it was the most noticeable thing in there which Brynn knew for a fact that it wasn't. It was only a small movement which led her to ask, how perceptive were her brothers really?

"Come on, Brynn," Zach encouraged sounding unsure. She got up from her seat and followed him out, literally feeling the stares as they left.

That was too close.

Zach ended up giving her a tour of the house. The endless hallways and unknown doors led to so many places that Brynn wasn't so sure she could keep up. The first floor had a lot.

The main entry hall, the kitchen with adjoined dining room, the living room, another two living rooms, a cinema room, two bathrooms and more rooms but Zach skipped most of them. She assumed that she had no business being in those rooms.

There was even a basement but Zach had warned her to, "keep out."

Brynn obviously was going to, however she still wanted to know what was down there. What would she find? A dead body?

Upstairs had a lot more rooms. There was a home gym, three bathrooms, a lot of guest rooms, a game room, even a library and a lot of other rooms which weren't mentioned but Brynn did notice they were gestured too. Probably more rooms she had no business in.

She learned that her room was in the same hallway as her brothers' which was excellent news. Her room, in particular, was right next to Ezra's and opposites Zayne's which was even more excellent.

And when she and Zach came to the hallway with the single door at the end of it, he reminded her about the third floor.

"Off limits, alright love? Completely boring business stuff up there."

Brynn nodded, "yeah, I understand."

Zach smiled and started walking away, expecting Brynn to follow. She did.

He walked down the main stairs, pausing so Brynn caught up and was right next to him. "So, do you have a favourite show? Because we are going to binge whatever it is," he asked, grinning. Brynn almost halted. Favourite show?

Before she had the chance to embarrass herself by telling him that, in fact, she didn't even know any shows, the front door opened. A man, who looked around the age of thirty, entered and first saw Zach. He had slight stubble, grey eyes, blonde clean cut hair, a six four muscular build and was dressed in an extravagant suit.

"Hey bud, have you seen Zayne? I have to talk to him about a ship-" he was cut off by Zach's rather loud cough. The man seemed confused so Zach nodded his head towards Brynn and the man followed his nod.

His eyes widened and he let out a small gasp, "Brynn!" Jogging closer to the two, he pulled the surprised girl into his arms. She didn't want to seem rude, but she didn't know who this man was. He, evidently, knew her though so she just stood awkwardly while he squeezed the living daylights out of her.