"Now I am sad. I will not talk to you anymore," Zohre stated in a mock-hurt voice.

"Tamam, Ana," she chuckled. "You don't have to get so emotional about it."

"Ana?"

Ceyda froze, realizing what she called her and stepped away a little. "Sorry, I meant yenge."

Zohre smiled. "That's okay."

"I really miss my mother. Why did she have to go? She left me alone."

"What do you mean she left you alone? You have your father."

"Had... we left him."

"Well... what is a mother to you?"

"Ana?...the word is spoken whenever in pain or joy, sorrow or excitement, sickness and health. A mother takes care of you, she raises you, she's with you no matter what. She gives up her own life for yours. Words cannot express a mother's sacrifice, love, and-" Ceyda could not continue. She broke into tears. "Zohre yenge, a mother does everything for her child... but I don't have a mother."

Zohre sighed and took Ceyda in her arms. "Who has taken care of you for so long? Who has raised you? Who was with you since we left our other tribe? Who?"

"You."

"Then what does that make me to you?" Ceyda remained silent as Zohre continued, pushing down the lump in her throat, "If it eases the pain in your heart, call me Ana. Take me as your mother. I cannot replace her, but I may ease your pain."

Ceyda bit her lip and hugged Zohre tightly. "I love you, Ana."

Zohre shut her eyes in relief and kissed Ceyda's cheek. "I love you too. By the way, you would make a great poet. Wouldn't you consider that instead of a warrior? Hmm?"

Ceyda giggled and shook her head in disbelief at her aunt's stubbornness. "If it makes you happy... but only for now."

Ceyda blinked back the tears that welled up in her eyes as Zohre cried, "Kizim...I'm sorry."

"Ana..." Ceyda kicked Balgay's shins, making him kneel and groan in pain then pulled her hand away from her aunt's throat. As Selcan gasped for air on the ground, Balgay grabbed Ceyda and pulled her down as Kongar looked away.

Gunduz took his chance and yelled, "Let them go, dastard dog!" before pushing away the Mongol's spears and throwing himself at Balgay. Balgay kicked Gunduz's neck, making him fall face-front on the ground. Ayse lunged for Gunduz, but Aygul held her back.

"Balgay, I said enough! Don't you understand?!" Dundar yelled, assuming his words would stop Balgay.

Balgay put his dagger on Dundar's neck and scowled. "You shepherd...if you die, who will look after the sheep?"

"Please! Let my father go!" Aygul pleaded through tears.

Ceyda grunted and got off the ground, her wounds aching. She held her head in her hands and cried as the pain started to become unbearable.