The princess kissed the boy's head and retreated back to her seat. The box was still where she left it and Rhena lifted the belt and dagger. She strapped the belt over her wedding clothes and sat back down next to Jaime.

All eyes were now on her, the girl who was given a weapon for her wedding. But most importantly, the woman who knew how to use it.

Rhena met Jaime's eyes and her heart fluttered at the utter adoration that she saw there. "What?" She questioned.

Jaime smiled and took her hand. "You look so much more beautiful with a weapon strapped to your waist." Rhena burst out laughing to hide her blush.

"As do you my lord husband." She joked, once she could catch her breath.

Jaime grinned and leaned over his chair to whisper in her ear. "Maybe you should see me with just a sword on." Rhena laughed again and shoved him back to his seat, reveling in the sounds of party goers and happiness around her.

Tywin appeared before the head table and offered his arm to his latest daughter. "Would you honor me with a dance my dear?" he asked. The lord's voice was cold but his eyes were soft and Rhena could see just the smallest bit of compassion hidden in their depths.

"I would love to." Rhena answered. Her bright smile seemed to cast the room of all its shadows. She bounded from her seat in a graceful manner that could only be accomplished by years of practice and was at the lord's side in seconds.

Giving one last glance to Jaime who was watching her with a grin on his face, she turned to the dance floor with her good father and waited for the next song.

"Whatever comes next in this fickle world," Tywin began once they were on the floor and twirling about. "I am glad to have called you family. I do hope that you do not disappoint me." The words were harsh but Rhena knew that it was as warm as the old lord would ever get and smiled gently. "I shall have the Ellyn dress sent to your room within the week."

As he had said before, Rhena would be entered into the Lannister Hall of House. The first ever woman who had been entered was Lady Ellyn Lannister of house Tarbeck. She was the wife of Lord Tion and had been given free reign over the third floor hallways to decorate them as she pleased.

The woman decided to make something for the women of Lannister house. She devoted the third floor completely to them and herself and had the most beautiful gown of red and gold silk with a white sash over the front made. The design was simple really, it was meant to show the power in the woman's eyes rather than her jewels.

"Your painting shall be done here at your leisure and will be sent to Casterly Rock once finished. You shall be a true Lannister lady by the month's end I am sure of it." Though Rhena would never be a proper Lannister until she gave birth to Lannister children, most preferably, Lannister sons. She knew she would never be accepted fully in the eyes of the Lannister family until she added to it.

The song ended and Rhena curtsied to the reigning lord. "Thank you my lord." She said before turning back to the head table. Tywin nodded after her and mingled with the guests for a short time after, before turning back to his seat himself.

Jaime was still waiting for Rhena when she approached the ornate wedding chairs, grin fixed on his face and hair tousled with joy. Viserys was on his lap and was listening intently to the knight who told of the time he was pissed on by one of the tourney champions not two years prior. The giggles of glee that erupted from Viserys's chest sent joy to Rhena's heart. She sat next to her newly made husband and listened with her brother to her love's story.

Rhena and Jaime spared one more dance for themselves and then arm in arm walked out of the hall. To the guests around them, a halo of gold seemed to shine around the couple. Their hair shone and the jewels and precious metals reflected the candlelight. Their smiles were bright and added even more to the glow and those around them were dazed into silence as they walked down the dining hall and to their chambers.

There would be no glorified bedding ceremony at the request of Lord Tywin and the King himself. They did not care for the messy tradition and would rather the two not be touched by any other than each other.

The two of them slept little that night, and when they rejoined the court late into the morning both in Lannister red, all the high ladies in the court were wearing show daggers on their hips. 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

*confession time*

I'm not all too good at writing spicy things so I decided to just make all that jazz as vague as possible. We're starting to see how Rhena impacts the court's decisions, even if it is just over accessory choices. How could she use this to her advantage? Hope you all enjoyed the chapter! 

My school just announced a cold day for tomorrow so I'll have lots of time to write! maybe a new chapter tomorrow? Stay safe, stay charming, stay lovely lovelies!