Disstressed

Around a month is passed from that ragging incident and now the seniors have calmed down with the ragging sessions.

Still some random creeps do their dirty work in the name of ragging. But mostly it's peaceful for juniors.

Naina's gang are now well acquainted with each other. They always hangs out together during there free periods, lunch time and even during classes.

Naina is loving her new college life. She comes from a simple family where she is the only child of her parents. Both are working and Naina is the apple of their eyes.

But Naina's parents are really strict about her studies and her curfews.

Naina is a simple girl in herself too. Never cared much about her dressing or even bothered about matching footwear . She is a person with few needs and is generally happy with whatever she gets.
—————————————————————————

Naina reached the college late today and running to reach her class which is at a different area all together.

To reach fast she took a short cut through a open ground which is uneven. But she is wearing a sandal with slight heel today. She bought those specifically for college as being a tomboy, she didn't owned a lot of footwear.

She was running to reach fast when her ankle got twisted and she fell down.

"Oouchh", Naina screams. Her foot hurt badly and she stumbled somehow to sit on the boundary wall.

Tears are flooding her eyes. She looked at her feet and try to rub it to lessen the pain.

She wiped her tears and try to remove her bag when someone hold it for her. She immediately turned to see, Rajveer taking her bag and putting it on side. He handed her a water bottle and sat besides her.

Rajveer: kya hua tumhe?

Naina: Vo pair twist ho gya tha

Rajveer: are you ok now? Dikhao?

Naina pulled her patiyala a little to show him. Her feet has turned slightly red.

Rajveer: you should go to first aid center.

Naina: no. I will be fine in sometime. Par meri class chut jayegi.

Rajveer: it's ok yar. It's not such a big deal. Islie chot lagi na. Bhagne me. Relax. Itna kuch nai hoga ek class se

Naina stares at him with big round eyes.

Rajveer: what? Ye school nai hai facchi, collg hai. You can bunk ok?

Naina saw him astonishingly. She believed him to be a model student but he is asking her to bunk.

Rajveer: bologi kuch?

Naina: hmm

Rajveer: Vaise why do I always find you in distressed conditions?

Naina made a face like how would she know.

Rajveer: so are you my "damsel in distress" or am I "your knight in shining armour"?

Naina's jaw is dropped and Rajveer chuckled.

Rajveer: Relax kiddo. I am joking.

He left and she is looking after him. The pain is still there but long forgotten in his company.

———————————————————————————

Few days later some of Naina's batchmates are gossiping and Naina is working on some file. But she can overhear everything they are saying, even though she is not participating. She is enjoying their gossip while working suddenly the topic changed.

Tia: well he is so hot Yar

Niharika: I know. He is one of the most popular guy in college

Tia: par suna hai kisi ko ghas nai dalta jyada

Niharika: well ....

Tia : what??? Kuch hua ?? Bata na

Niharika: mujhe to ghas dali

Tia: what really??

Pooja: Oye kis handset ki bat ho rahi hai?

Tia : are Rajveer sir ki. Aur kiski?

Pooja immediately saw Naina. She knew Naina have a soft corner for Rajveer. She can she a shadow crossing her face.

Tia: Bata na Kya hua hai?

Niharika: well mai unse reference books ka puchne gai thi

Tia : fir?

Niharika: so he told me everything and even offered to borrow me, his old books. So that if I find them useful only then I can buy those

Pooja: to isme kya badi bat hui? To to bekar hi miss call mar rahi hai

Niharika : jee nahi. He said he will bring it in college

Tia: fir?

Niharika: fir I asked him ki why don't we meet outside somewhere

Tia : what? Kahan?

Niharika: He mentioned some ice cream place and

Tia : and??

Niharika: and I said it's a date

Tia and Pooja : what???

Now Naina stopped working all together while this entire conversation is taking place. She felt a pang in her heart when Niharika mentioned "date".

Pooja: fir sir ne kya bola?

Niharika: well he smiled and said ok.

Pooja saw Naina in a sideways glance. She is looking at Niharika.

Tia: wow Yar. You are going on a date with one of most wanted guy of this college. Lucky!!

Niharika: I don't know about most wanted n all but he much better than that Abhimanyu jerk. Har waqt he is asking me out. Creep!

Pooja: yeah he is really sleazy.

The bell rang and their next class is scheduled. But Naina is in dilemma now. Why it's bothering her if Niharika asked Rajveer out??

/* Chota update hai aj ka par kam chala lo plz.

Tell me how is it? Comments and votes are compulsory. I am planning to keep the update days as Wednesday and Friday for "HumTum". Tell me if you guys are ok with it?

*/