Needed - Epilogue

6 years later in Pune Airforce base

"Flying Officer Miss. Mehra"

She jerked back to see. How well she knew the voice!

Naveen is smiling at her. He is looking so different in uniform.

She saw the rank and stood up to salute.

"At ease....I never thought I would see you here", he said while taking a seat opposite her.

She smiled indulgently at him, "so do I".

"I never thought ki tum airforce join karogi", he commented.

Shalini shrugged, "why because I am not smart enough?".

"It not because of smartness", he said screwing up his eyes.

Shalini nodded. She knew she is unnecessarily being defensive.

"I am sorry. You know I am just a bit touchy on the subject"

"I remember vividly", Naveen replied with a hint of sarcasm in his smile.

Shalini looked down and look a deep breath. She is feeling awkward meeting Naveen after all this while.

After Naveen and her last discussion about taking a break from their friendship, they never spoke again.

She deliberately created such distance between them. She never forgave him for abandoning him for so many years.

Naveen is looking at her, "chalo then...see you later".

Shalini nodded and he left.
———————————————————————————

"Tu janti nai hai yar tu kitni lucky hai mere lie", Rajveer said receiving the call.

"Janti hu mai. Bahut jyada lucky hu mai", she said.

"Vo to hai...jab se tu ayi hai life me...sab kuch amazing ho gya hai", he agreed.

"Aj kya amazing hua vaise?"

"Aj Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat ka selection letter aa gya", he told her joyously.

"Kya? Tera ho gya? Wowwww yar....congratulations!!!! I am so proud of you", she said jumping around.

"Hanji...ho gya mera. So madam....you are meeting the new intelligence intern of Indian Intelligence", he said with a cocky voice.

"Vaise mujhe to pata hi tha ki tera hona hi hai. Bola tha maine ki tera to hona hi hai bata", she said.

"Han baba...tune kaha tha", he said smiling like a fool.

"Good...chal ab bye....kal training hai meri", she said and cut the call.

Rajveer kept watching his display picture. His and Naina's picture from their farewell party in college.

How long they have come...when he remembers how much he is scared of going in this relationship. But it was so simple...well not exactly simple. They had their share of fights but they always worked their way out.

He helped her throughout their college life and she supported his decision of joining army. Naina joined a corporate after her graduation but then started preparing for army.

She cleared her entrance last year and now in her second year of training in IMA.

He is touching her face and then finally kissed her picture. She is now his lifeline. He couldn't imagine his life without her.

Her constant motivation and support helped him throughout. Now he finally is a part of Indian Intelligence, for which he dreamed of.

He closed his eyes to drift in sleep.