Balkahn (Bal-kun)

The Balkahns' strong, hardworking, and moody personality might seem scary at first but once you get to know them, they will always be there for you. Balkahn is a land where mining is everywhere. Everyday the people are hard at work making weapons and using their magic to enhance the minerals creating the strongest weapons in all of Amalthea.

Ruler

King Bram

          King Bram is the ruler of Balkahn and its people. He is light tan and has freckles that trail down his nose. He has curly, dark ginger hair that tends to be messy. He keeps his beard neatly trimmed (well, as neat as a Balkahn can get) as well as emerald green eyes. He has brown feathered wings that drop down from his shoulders and almost touch the floor. His head has dark brown curved horns.

          He wears a Cregan (wolf-like creature) pelt around his shoulders and a metal armor chest plate with leather cushioning. On his head rests a basic metal crown adorned with rubies that nestles perfectly between his horns. King Bram prefers clubs and axes above all other weapons. He says they hurt the opponent more than a minor sword.

          King Bram is a very courageous, strong and powerful king. He displays trust on all of his subjects. Although he thinks highly of his stature and position he still shows modesty and is quite generous. He prefers sleeping in a hut rather than a castle because he wants to be brave like his ancestor Timber the Tough who had to live in a forest and sleep on the dirt for two months all while a pack of cregans were after him. The townspeople honor their king dearly and would do anything for him.

          He once fell in love with a beautiful Balkahn woman named Trisha and together they had a child they named Astrid which means divine beauty. Sadly a month after the birth of Astrid, Trisha died from an unknown sickness. That was the only time king Bram's bravery had left him completely. He had become vulnerable. He still hasn't completely gotten over her sudden passing and takes care of Astrid like no other and is very protective of her. He says Astrid is the spitting image of Trisha and that one day she will grow up to become as brave and beautiful as her.