Chapter 11: Lies & Trust

Mulai dari awal

"We were scared you had gone in the maze again to find you know who..." He said witha relived look.

"Nah I did that once I'm not gonna make the same mistake twice." I assured him.

"Not only that but Ben and Minho wouldn't be there to get you out a few minutes before the doors would close like last time" He joke. 

  This was indeed a very insesitive one considering my releationship with Ben but that wasn't what bothered me.

'What did he mean by "to save you like last time"? I mean I get how Minho did but then again "before the doors close"? What does that supposed to mean?'

Jeff had realised how bad his joke was and was apologising but I wasn't listening to him.

"What do you mean?" I asked interrupting his apology.

"I'm sorry about the jok-"

"No, I mean the joke" I interrupted him again.

"Well you know with Ben banished and stuf-"

"No! I mean the part where they saved me!" I interrupted him hopefully for the last time.

"Oh that!Well I guess you know the events better than me but basically after you went inside the maze Alby and the rest of the keepers told us to leave. No one but  them was there when Ben, Mihno and you came back a few seconds before the doors closed. They told us that they had found you by luck inside the maze running around and you all came back together" He finished the story.

"Did Alby and the keepers tell you that?" I asked trying to find who started that lie. 

"Isn't that what happened?" He asked. His mind is sharp of course he would underestand.

"N-"

"Of course this is what happened!" Clint inerferred in the conversation. "I was there! So Y/N don't say things like that just to look braver we already love you" He joked. Jeff seemed to belive him and laughed at his joke about me being an attention seeker. "Now Y/N since you are here come help me with these." He asked  my help and I knew that it was his way of saying 'I will explain'. I nodded and did as he asked.

"Explain" I wispered.

"Look we had to lie to them, if they knew that you had survived a night in there they might have thought that they could too and that would be dangerous" He wispered too. I was angry, Alby had lied once again and this person- ugh!

"Living trapped in here is dangerous but you don't seem to underestand that" I told him off.

"Look it's not like we want to stay here! Oh my god Y/N stop being like that and it's not like you did anything special in the maze that could get us out you just got lucky! Now excuse me go find Alby to talk to and let me work over here!" He said with an attidude. I really wanted to punch that guy in the face but I wasn't allowed to unless I wanted to end up in the slammers for a day so yeah. Instead I let all the bottles with the medicine fall to the ground and "accidentally" kicked them in the other side of the room.

"Oops my bad" I fake-apologised "I would help you pick them up but I just got lucky I guess because I have to go find Alby but good for you I'll let you do your work!" I said and smiled.

"I'll help" Said Jeff but then an injured builder came in.

"No Jeff he can handle it, you have to take care of Evan's hand afterall" I said  looked back at an angry Clint on the floor searching for the bottles and left to go find Alby.

  I walked and walked but couldn't find him. I spotted  Newt with some other people and went to him. He would probably know where Alby would be. When I saw the other people he was with , I regretted  immediatly but it was too late to go back.

"Hey New, Chuck , Zart" I greeted them all, well almost all of them.

"Hey Y/N" Said Thomas. I ignored him.

"Newt Have you seen Alby anywhere? I've been looking for him" I asked him but Thomas answered not giving him a chance to talk.

"He went with Minho in the maze this morning, they haven't returned yet." He asnwered.

"Oh. Thanks" I said as coldly as I could and left. I couldn't get close to him. The promise I had given I was willing to keep it this time. 

  In the end I didn't know what to do, I wouldn't talk to Alby and couldn't go back to work for obvious reasons so I decided to take a stroll to the woods. A few hours later it started raining. As I was running searching for a cover in the rain I saw Gally's hut or at least the builders' hut and went inside to find him and ask him about the lies too. He wasn't there no one was so I decided to stay until the rain was over. I sat there thinking good enough reasond why Alby would do that. I couldn't find anything I mean underestand what Clint said but if I survived why would they not?. Before I knew it the rain had stopped. A builder came to change his wet from the rain shirt he looked flushed.

"OH MY GOD Y/N you scared me!" He said and laughed. "Come on hurry up and go to the entrance!"

"Why what happened?" I asked

"Minho and Alby haven't returned yet." He said and he was worried.

I got up and followed him to the maze's doors. I tried to force my way to the front to get a better view of the situation. I got some underestandable stares from some boys that were scared I would go inside again. Jeff even tried to hold me back but I reassured him I had no such intention. When I reached the front I stood between Newt and Thomas. Everyone was silent we were all waiting-hoping to see Minho and Alby right around the corner. A few seconds later we felt that familiar air that showed us that the doors where about to start moving. I couldn't believe it we already lost Ben and now Minho and Alby?

"There!" THomas yelled. 

I looked up and saw Minho carring Alby on his back.

"Oh-no" I said

'They are not g-'

"They are not gonna make it!" Someone yelled my thought out loud.

I felt this urge again to run and hrlp them I had to. Newt saw me and held my arm.

"Not again" He said. I knew what he meant.

   Memories from my past near death experience came back. I felt my body going numb again. The tears that had filled my eyes but wouldn't flow prevented me from seeing well. The boys' voices blurred and I couldn't make out one word from what they were saying. I was trembling.Newt's grip tightened around my arm.I could feel Thomas looking at me.

'I have to go in now or never-'

I thought but as I did the person next to me moved. In the blink of an eye I saw Thomas running, struggling to get to MInho and Alby through the now narrow open path that the doors had made. He managed to squeeze int he last second. That made it official, Thomas had entered the maze and was now with Monho and Alby. He had to survive a night in there running away from the Grievers and get out in the morning. Newt looked at me worridly but to his surprise I was smiling. He could do that, he could do all of that and he could keep himself, Minho and Alby safe for the whole night. I was sure of that. Newt hugged me.

"They're going to be fine" He said. I chuckled relieved.

"I know" I said and I belived it.

'I know'

(A/C):

I forgot what I wanted to say....Anyway thank you for reading!