"Then it's better if she's away from here. I have sent her far away from here, and no one will be able to find her. She'll continue with her life along with her family." He explained.

A warm smile settled over my face. "Really?"

"Yeah,"

Pushing aside my tears, I hugged Luciano and thanked him for what he had done. I wanted Lisa gone, away from all this mess and she was. Finally. She was going to start somewhere fresh.

He caressed my back and held me. "You can talk to her after a few months, once she's settled down, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, sure!" I wiped away my tears and nodded. "This is great for her,"

"It is. I should've done it earlier as she was my subject but she was trapped with Gretel all along and I'm sorry for that," He said softly.

"It's fine, she's gone and that's all that matters. She'll be happy and so grateful," Just thinking about her made me smile more. She had gone through a lot, more than me and she deserved everything in this world.

"So will you be," Luciano said before planting a kiss of promise over my forehead.

For the rest of the night, I wondered where my life was going to take me. Happiness wasn't an option while being here, trapped between two worlds where neither were accepting of me, where both of them wanted to destroy me as I was the ultimatum.

Was I ever going to find happiness?

When the next morning arrived, it was calmer, filled with peace. The serenity was new, something I wasn't used too. Under Luciano's command, no one was able to say anything to me while I was at the castle. No one could kill me, harm me, or violate me in any way. The only two people that had authority over Luciano where his own parents and they were both at my side.

"Mr. Vincent," I greeted him by bowing down a little as he was my elder.

"Red," He took my name and then spread his arms, inviting me. I hugged him hard, feeling all my worries leave my body. "I've missed you here. How are you?"

"I'm fine." I took his hand and pressed it tight. "Doing a lot better than yesterday at least. How are you and everything else? It's been a while." And, it had been a very long while.

"I'm great! Pretty healthy," He flexed his muscles and a laughter burst out of me. "Old man is still living, huh?"

"I hope you live for a thousand years more," I leaned in and whispered.

"Aah, that's too much. Anyway, I'm so sorry for you loss." In everything serious, he squeezed my hand and said with an apologetic tone. "May your Nana rest in peace."

"I hope so." My eyes narrowed and I mumbled, my lips barely opening. The tears began gathering around my eyes as my thoughts scattered. God, I missed her. Separating my self from the grief of loosing her was so hard.

Vincent patted the back of my hand again, pulling me out of the misery I was delving into. "And, congratulations for getting married to Luciano. Should've invited me."

A soft laugh pushed past my lips. "That was a long time ago and it was all of a sudden." I was surprised that it was even being mentioned here. I thought no one knew about it except for Jaqueline.

But, everyone did.

"That's all right," He waved his hand in the air. "We can always throw another wedding when everything is settled down. You have my blessings either way,"

I muffled out another giggle. "Thank you, Mr. Vincent."

I whirled around when I heard the door to the room swung open. Luciano walked inside with his mother, his face tight with anger.

It was an exclusive brunch, just the four of us together, as a family.

I sat down, taking my seat beside Luciano who hadn't said anything but I was sure he had a lot to say. It was early in the morning when I went over to Jaqueline, asking her what was required to trigger my wolf. She had everything but practicing magic was forbidden for her.

Therefore, the brunch.

"It's not going to happen," Without taking another breath, Luciano said, breaking the silence.

"She needs the power," Jaqueline argued.

"She doesn't,"

"Stop. What is this all about?" Vincent asked, glaring at them both. We didn't tell him anything, yet.

Jaqueline pinched the bridge of her nose, and closed her eyes for a second. "Red needs to trigger her wolf, she'll be in control of a lot more strength and power than now. She needs to complete her hybrid bond or she'll never be able to take down Gretel or anyone else." She explained.

"That isn't necessary. She doesn't needs to kill Gretel. I've everything handled." Luciano snapped back, intensity in his words. I hadn't stopped wondering what he had in his mind for Gretel. "And, if she becomes an hybrid, Gretel doesn't needs to kill me, she'll kill her instead and that will end us both. At least I can fight,"

"I can too," I cut him off, my back arching away from the seat.

"You can't." He hushed me down and I rolled back, letting the elders decide what needs to be done.

"She's a hybrid by nature, and we can't choose for her, Luciano. Neither of us can. She can decide what's better for her and if she wants to connect with her wolf, then let it be." Vincent said.

I cracked a smile and drew my lips into my mouth. Vincent was always at my side, no matter what.

My heart flinched and skipped a beat as I heard a loud thud over the table. Luciano smacked his hand, the chair creaked underneath him as he stood up and then walked away after uttering. "Fine."

Read the full book on patreon + book 3: www.patreon.com/miakerr