2 ~ Breakfast

Waking up after a pleasant dream that she couldn't quite remember. Cara rolled over and looked at the small alarm clock that sat on the bedside table. It was 9:30. She'd overslept.

Ah well.

Getting out of bed she removed her pyjamas and hopped in the shower.

Afterwards, she quickly got dressed into her ripped jeans and sheer white shirt - which she wore a white tank top underneath.

Putting on some make up - a bit of foundation, some light eyeshadow, mascara and lip gloss - she headed downstairs for breakfast.

Entering the hotel restaurant, she was hit with the smell of bacon and egg, which made her realise just how hungry she was - having had nothing to eat the night before.

Joining the queue to the buffet, she scanned the room for any sign of James, but couldn't see him.

Reaching the front of the queue, she quickly piled food onto her plate (it wasn't very ladylike at all) and for a minute she was glad James wasn't there to witness it.

Bacon, eggs, sausages, beans, hash browns, mushrooms, tomatoes; she grabbed a bit of everything that was available, including some orange juice and an apple - which made her feel slightly healthier.

She headed to the right-hand side of the restaurant, and sat at a small table next to the window.

Finding some newspapers on the windowsill, she picked up the most recent, and read.

The restaurant gradually filled with families and couples, and a few minutes after Cara had sat down and begun to eat, the room was full.

"Excuse me Miss, may I have this seat?" a familiar Scottish accent sounded from behind Cara, making her jump a little.

Turning her head, Cara smirked and gestured to the empty seat opposite.

"Why of course good Sir, please do." she replied and James sat down and put his plate on the table. Cara didn't know how it was possible, but he seemed to have more food than she did.

"I see you are fond of a good breakfast," he chuckled, nodding towards Cara's plate as she folded up the newspaper.

Cara feigned hurt "Says you! Look at all of that!" she pointed to his plate and he laughed.

"Touché," he chuckled, and tucked in.

Just then, the grumpy rceptionist from the night before strolled into the room and began to walk up behind James. Cara groaned and rolled her eyes, and James gave her a look as if to say:

'Oh God, it's not who I think it is, is it?'

Cara nodded and James sighed, turning towards the woman strutting towards him.

"There is some more seating in the lounge area, Mr McAvoy, I could easily move you there - you don't have to sit with a-another resident," her nasal voice made Cara feel slightly ill.

"Er I'm perfectly fine here, thanks." James replied, trying to smile.

"If you're sure, Mr McAvoy."

"I'm pretty sure."

The receptionist strutted away just as she had entered.

"Jesus Christ." James laughed once the woman was out of earshot.

"Well, after that I'm going to need another drink. Want me to grab you a coffee or something?" Cara asked as she stood up.

"I'll just have a glass of water thanks," James replied, still laughing and rolling his eyes at the thought of the receptionist.