32: Royalty no more! (Part 2)

Hugo: This is incredible. Such variations of spices, food, and a whole lot more.

Clio: I agree!

Hugo: But they're all out in the open. Where are their security? What if someone tries to steal what they're selling?

Sofia: Most people here can't even afford to eat, Hugo. Much more for security.

Hugo: Oh. I see-

Sofia: Oh, look! We need one of these... *starts to explain things to Hugo and Clio*

Amber: *squeals* They're selling peacock feathered skirts. Twenty gold for three pieces! What a bargain. *runs to the stall*

Desmond: *pulls Amber back* Amber, hold on! You don't even have the money. It's with Sofia.

Amber: *lifts an eye brow* I am Princess Amber of Enchancia. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to give it to me for free. And anyway, I practically own this village.

Desmond: You mean your family?

Amber: Same thing.

Desmond: But... Amber, we're in a dare. It's unfair for you to get stuff for free while the others don't.

Amber: Not if you won't tell! *winks*

*Amber goes to the store, humming happily*

Desmond: *sighs*

*Everyone else hasn't noticed what's going on*

Merchant: Oh, hello there young lady! Would you like to buy our limited edition peacock skirts? *shows a glittering skirt*

Merchant: Just twenty gold for three pieces! It's for sale only today. *scans Amber up and down* And I'm sure these are the perfect size for you.

Amber: *squeals* I know! I fell in love the moment I looked at it. It's so sparkly and *sighs, admiring the skirt* beautiful. . .

Merchant: True that is! So will you take it, darlin'?

Amber: Duh, I will!

Merchant: Alright, let me wrap it up for you. *tries to find a container for the skirts*

Desmond: Just make sure to hide these from the others. I'm sure they'd be furious if they find out.

Amber: Pfft, it'll be fiiine. Just relax, Des. I got this.

Desmond: *sighs* If you say so.

Merchant: That'll be twenty, sweetie.

Amber: *winks at Desmond*

Amber: *searches in her bag*

Desmond: *furrows eyebrows, wondering what Amber is up to*

Amber: *gasp* Oh, no! I think I left my purse. . . Silly me!

Merchant: *lifts a brow* Then you better go run and get it, sugar. I don't have all day.

Amber: *jaw drops* Do you not know who I am, lady?!

Merchant: *glares* I know now. You're probably one of the gang thiefs!

Amber: *jaw drops even further* HOW DARE YOU?! I'm Princess Amber of Enchancia! My father will hear of this.

Merchant: *snickers* Princess what now?

Amber: Princess Amber! Have you not heard of your own king? My father? King Roland of Enchancia!

Merchant: *looks at Desmond, concerned* I think your friend's a lil' messed up on the head. If you don't pay, no skirt for you. And I will have the legal authorities to get you checked if you aren't one of those damned thieves! They're growing in number with each passing day...