Soul Kiss

I woke up due to the sunlight hitting on us eyes, realising that Kriya was still clung to me. I lifted her in my arms & lay her on the bed.

I walked up to window to close the curtains & turned around to find already awake.

I went up to her & sat on the bed, she was looking like a body without it's soul. I held her hand & called her out softly.

"Everything's finished Rey." -she spoke what felt like after ages.

She looked at my with her watered eyes & I found myself wiping her tears away.

I told her to get ready so that we could leave for funeral.

And I left for my place to change quickly.

***

At the funeral, Kriya stared at her mother's body & didn't react till the cremation ceremony.

Her father fulfilled the rites & gathered up the ashes once the fire had extinguished.

He told Kriya to lay the ashes in the Ganges at Varanasi.

Soon, we left for Kriya's place for packing & I willingly decided to accompany her.

***

We had board on our flight & took our seats in the last row of the aircraft.

Ever since we had left her place, she wasn't the same girl whom I had met.

"Kriya, if you have to cry then please do. Don't bottle up your emotions, else it'll eat you forever."

Her palm which was resting on mine, gripped strongly with her nails digging in my skin.

She didn't turn her face towards me, but kept her eyes shut & tightened her lips.

I knew she was crying already. I engulfed her in an embrace & stroked her hair.

***

Once we landed in Vanarasi, I knew Kriya won't sit in peace till she completes the final rites.

It didn't take us to long to perform the puja & her laying the ashes in Ganga.

***

At the hotel room, I had ordered breakfast for us. I walked up to Kriya's room, but she did not answer the door when I rang the bell.

I realized the room was unlocked & went in immediately.

On not finding her anyway in her room, I realized the water was running hard from the bathroom.

I ran inside only to find her standing under the cold shower. I quickly went up to her & tried to bring back to her senses while watered ran down on me.

At the chills, I immediately turned off the shower knobs. Once she sensed the absence of cold water pouring on her, she started to shiver & weep at the same time.

I hugged her in concern & both of us crouched on the floor.

I kept rubbing her back to calm her down & cupped her face.

She glanced at me & we found ourselves too close to each other.

I found myself towards her, when she closed her eyes & her lips had parted.

Soon, our lips meshed into a slow kiss. It didn't feel right, but it felt right at that moment.

The moment we kiss each other is the moment I want to pause forever.

~*Happy Kiss Day!*~

@SarafWasima