Rendez-vous?

Once she opened her eyes, I felt my breath hitched. Don't know for how long, we just kept staring at each other. After what seemed an eternity, I felt ourselves standing straight & back on our feet.

I opened my mouth to speak when she just shoved me away & went inside the café.

What the? No girl ignored my charm & she royally dismissed me, me!

I saw her through the glass door, she was looking all around her, as if she was searching for something. Weirdo.

***

Where did he go? I came into the café mentioned by the florist who had seen the guy that tripped me off, that he was supposed to be in here. But I see none similar to that guy.

Thank god my phone is locked. At least, none can invade my private stuff. Even the moron's phone is of no use, no pictures or videos. Who does that? Nonetheless, I dialled my number again in the hope it's answered.

***

I don't know why, I felt like going over to her. I was just about to move forward when the device in my hand buzzed in vibration. Hold on. I recognised the number immediately. It was mine! But, if someone else has my phone, then I am carrying who's? Once the phone went off, I looked at the Lock Screen, it had her picture.

I stared back at her who was still looking here & there. Guess she had mine's. Wow. Probably she was the same girl with whom I had a clash.

Universe! What are you conspiring?! I smiled into the empty space.

I hid myself when I saw her coming out of the café. I felt the device ringing again, and picked it up immediately.

"Hello?" -I heard her soft voice.

I felt myself zone out for once, but composed back quickly.

"Um, hello?" -she spoke again.

"Hello?!" -I replied back clearing my throat, but my eyes were still on her who had her back turned towards me.

"Hi, um, sorry, I guess we have switched out phones. I have yours & you have mines. Could you please meet me at the Blue Sky Plaza mall to exchange it back?" -she asked almost demanding.

I wanted to answer her, but then my heart didn't want to take the easy way. Can't let her go easily. I made a plan in mind & kept my composure.

"Sure, but you see, I'm a busy guy. Already the day is almost over, so why not we meet tonight." -I proposed.

***

The nerve of this guy, the audacity he has! Calm down K., you can't let anyone get to you. I took a deep breath & replied back.

"Okay. Fine. Then meet me at the nearest—" -I wasn't done with my sentence when he cut me off.

***

"Nuhuh. You will meet me at White Pearl Restaurant at 9:30 pm sharp." -I smirked internally.

"Fine!" -I heard her groan in dissatisfaction.

"So it's a date!" -And I ended the call with a winning smile.

***

"So it's a date!" -he announced.

How dare he? It had not been 2 minutes and he has the guts to ask me on a date?! That bloody! Argh!

Great. Now I'll have to cancel my me time plan, I face palmed mentally & left the shopping mall.

***

I quickly prepared everything for tonight. I know it's dumb of me to already like a random girl. But it's fun to take up challenges, ain't it?

Oh damn, I didn't even ask for her name nor I told her mine's! How stupid of you Rey.

Good thing I had shown the restaurant staff her picture, so that they can identify her correctly.

So miss flower thief, be ready to be charmed by yours truly, Rey!

Growing old together can be the best part of our lives. Let's make it happen. Hold my hand and I will take you to the land of undying love!

~*Happy Propose Day!*~

@SarafWasima