Pledge at your own risk

I am not being able sleep, I kept myself busy the entire day, but at the end, he had to cloud my thoughts.

What's wrong with you K.?!

I turned on the tv to distract myself, but kept switching channels. At last, I gave up & kicked the blanket off my body, and laid horizontally on my bed.

This isn't working. I need to get his thoughts out of my system.

I glanced at my phone which was resting on the side table near my bed. I quickly lift my body to pick it up in my hands.

"Should I or should I not?" I contemplated again.

If I don't, then I'll think all night why didn't I do it & if I do, it'll be the opposite. Better that I do.

I slid the Lock Screen of my phone & unblocked the number from my caller settings & dialled his number.

Come on, pick it up!

***

I was practicing boxing in my room when my phone rang. Removing my gloves, I attended the call without glancing at the number.

"Hello?"

There was a long pause before the caller's voice greeted me back.

"Hello..."

My eye shot up staring at the blank space as I recognized the voice from the park. I quickly glanced at the number on my device which seemed known to me.

"Hey, do we know each other?" -I asked in confusion.

"We will, if you're willing to?"

Wow, she's actually flirting with me.

"I'm sorry about last night." -she confessed.

Last night? Oh my— that's her?! But I thought— never mind.

"Oh, so it's you?! It took you a whole day to apologize?" -I mocked.

"I know! I'm extremely sorry! Actually, I was already frustrated since few days & then your antics were an add up to it." -she admitted.

"To be honest, I never felt so humiliated in my entire life." -I teased trying to sound upset.

"I can understand, what can I do to make it up to you? I promise I will do anything." -she asked.

"Don't you think you're moving too fast?" -I baited.

"Huh?"

"I mean till last night you refused to have any interaction with me & now you're willing to make up for all the insults."

"I... uh..." -she had no idea what to reply.

"I'm just kidding! Anyway, if you really want forgiveness, then may I have a golden opportunity to take you out for a breakfast date tomorrow morning?" -I gathered all my courage & strike the rod.

"Yeah, sure!" -she accepted gladly.

"Great, I'll pick you up from your place, just message me the address."

"Cool, done! By the way, we are forgetting something." -she reminded me.

"What?" -I asked puzzled.

"We didn't have a formal intro." -she giggled at the end.

"Right. Hi Ms., this is Reyaansh but you can call me Rey. What's your name my lady?" -I replied with a short laugh as well.

"It's Kriya, but you can call me K."

"Pleased to hear from you Kriya. So I hope we will meet on a good note tomorrow. I am looking forward to it." -I spoke with a hopeful sigh.

"Same here. Okay Rey, good night!" -she wished meekly.

"Good night, sweet dreams!"

I ended the call with a smile plastered on my face, but quickly snapped out of it & muttered to myself.

Sweet dreams? God Rey, you're losing it.

***

I plopped on the bed and stared at my phone, can't believe I agreed to whatever had happened a moment ago.

I turned on the radio & switched to my favourite station when they played one beautiful but stomach somersaulting song, Ahista Ahista.

I found myself lost in the lyrics & smiled while hugging my plush & slept off for the new day tomorrow.

***

I woke up earlier than usual & was ready by 7:00 am, I drove to some other places before arriving at Kriya's not to give her the impression of being a desperate kind of a guy.

I saw getting out of her place & instructing something to her house helper.

I noticed her from top to bottom. She looked wow, even with minimal makeup. Almost as if she didn't put any effort into it.

Hair perfectly curled, eyes highlighted with kohl, lips tainted in a nude pink shade, neck adorned with a simple silver chain with a small heart pendant. White dress & blue floral design which ended till her knees. Nails well manicured & a charm bracelet, toned legs with a pair of flats.

***

Once I finished listing out the chores for my maid to do. I noticed Rey leaning against the car door & scanning me.

I shouldn't feel conscious, but now I was, I felt my cheeks heat up quickly & cleared my throat which brought him out of his trance.

I gave him a smile & moved towards him. Once I reached near, I forwarded my hand to greet him when he opened his arms to move closer but stopped. We tried to greet other again, but doing the opposite actions yet didn't do. We let out a short laugh & just said Hi, he moved to the side & opened the passenger seat for me.

Once I sat, he joined me in the driver's seat & we drove off to one of the best diners in the area.

***

As we were entering the diner, Kriya got pushed by a customer who was rushing to get out & didn't bother to see us incoming. It caused Kriya to wobble & she grabbed a hold of my shoulder, instinctively my hand went up to balance her by her waist.

I felt like time stopped & we were drowning in each other's eyes, at least I knew I was.

"Breathe Rey, breathe." -she whispered.

We are connected with eternal love. Let us stay together in this world and in heaven.

~*Happy Promise Day!*~

@SarafWasima