Swap?

Isn't it stupid? That people really follow the Valentine's week's mantra? Okay, I know love is crazy & not stupid, but why celebrate a day or a week, why not everyday day? Just like me?! Yeah, yeah, my love changes like a piece of clothing, but you see, that's how I'm structured! A man with a BIG HEART, literally.

And today I'll be meeting my Lady Luck, now what number is this one? 67th or 68th? Never mind. I'll just ask Siri.

"Hey Siri, with whom am I meeting today?" - I asked.

"Today you have a meeting with Isha Sahai in Blue Sky Plaza Café at 1:30 pm." -replied the mechanical voice.

Awesome! That will be 69th then, come on Rey, gear up & glow up!

With that I go for a change, but, what are you guys doing here? You too move on further!

***

I hate it! I hate it! I HATE IT!!! ARGHHHH!! I hate this month, I hate this week, I hate this stupid word Valentine! How?! How dare he stood up on me?! Screw that moron! I don't care now, I don't need a date to celebrate this lame week. I can go on my own & pamper myself, anyway people say we should give importance to ourselves first.

Come on K. show the world that none can stop you from enjoying the day.

I smile in the emptiness, and move forward to freshen up, but, what are you guys waiting for? Move ahead!

***

I have reached the mall, must say this place has a class! Now I like good, nuhuh, great date I should get a gift for my partner. Let's see, what does a girl? Ummm.... flowers? Yes, flowers! How to bring a smile on a lady's face rule no. 15. Let's see where's the florist shop in here.

I stalled around the mall for a few minutes, within no time, I found myself in the shop.

I looked around the place, a found some interesting blossomed buds, but I can't present an ordinary bouquet, can I? No ways. A perfect bouquet should have the most unique, colourful & nice fragrance floras.

With that thought, I ordered the florist with my list of customized bouquet. Just then I had a call from my best friend which I obviously couldn't dare to ignore.

***

I couldn't let that douchebag spoil my mood. So it's time for self pampering, how about gifting myself some fresh flowers? With that idea I walked into my favourite florist shop.

I went through the aisles & spotted an already made bouquet on the counter. It looked way too beautiful, whoever had ordered must have a great taste! It contained cream roses, white lilies and Alstroemerias as well as yellow and white chrysanthemums, eucalyptus, and more.

My heart immediately desired to have it, & of course, once I laid my eyes on something, I can't let it go so easily. Likewise, I went up to the florist, paid the double amount for it & walked out with it.

***

As soon as I ended my call & turned back, I saw a girl walking away my bouquet. I ran after that girl to stop her, when I tripped on something & made her, myself & someone else fall along. Curses on me! I looked up to see my date Isha wincing in pain, whereas the flower thief was dusting herself up & leaving the mall. Damn it!

I immediately got up & helped Isha stand on her feet. The minute when I expected her to yell at me, she surprised me with an understanding smile & hugged me.

"Sorry Isha, I couldn't gift you something nice today." -I started explaining myself when she shushed me with her finger on my lips.

"It's alright Rey. Anyways, I'm allergic to flowers." -she gave me a sheepish smile & locked her arm with mine's.

She suggested to just move forward with the date, so I had to obey to the lady's command & forget about the unpleasant incident.

***

I walked out of the mall & headed towards my car while muttering curses at the blind freak who made me fall. Once I sat in my car, I immediately drove off to the salon for a spa treatment.

At the salon, I was enjoying my me time at peace when my phone buzzed with multiple notifications. I looked up to check, but quickly realized that it was not my phone.

I recalled that when I fell at the mall, my phone & the idiot's phone dropped too. Guess they were the same models & I took the wrong one. Shit!

I immediately called on my number, but it just kept ringing, realizing that it must be on silent mode I got paranoid & left my appointment in mid to head back towards the Plaza.

***

I was extremely bored with Isha's company, I mean she's a nice girl. But way too intellectual. Which only meant trouble. I had to get rid of her as soon as possible, but smoothly as well.

I excused myself from the pretence of going to the loo & walked out of the café. Just as I came out, for the second time in the day, I clashed with someone. But this time, I don't know why, it felt something else. I looked back the already closed eyes & waited for them to open. Once it did, I felt my breath hitched.

What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

~*Happy Rose Day!*~

@SarafWasima