The future is together

During your trip to your apartment, Osamu stops at his place to grab a change of clothes. The two of you take your shoes off at the front foyer and you stroll over to the dining table to set down the picnic basket.

Osamu settles the belongings in his arms down on the coffee table by the living room. He then walks over to your fridge to examine the ingredients available to him.

"'Samu, worry about dinner later. You should take a shower first." You walk over to Osamu, lacing your hand in his. His grey eyes look at you from the corner of his eye. Parting his lips, his other hand reaches for the packet of chicken breasts.

"You can take the first shower. I'll start prepping for the curry."

You purse your lips in response but quietly nod your head. Your hand slips away from Osamu's but he grips onto your wrist, tugging you back towards him. There's a soft kiss pressed to your forehead and a gentle smile on his face. Your face flushes a soft shade of pink and your heart skips from the cute action. "I'll be back then." You sheepishly whisper under your breath, hurrying towards your room to grab a change of clothes before heading to the bathroom.

Osamu snickers under his breath when he watches Y/N disappear. He returns his focus on the curry he's going to prepare. Grabbing the onions, carrots, ginger, potatoes, garlic, and anything else he can possibly add into the curry.

The soothing sound of the knife against the cutting board as he chops up the carrots after washing them fills his ears.

So this is what it would feel like if the two were to live together. There's a comforting feeling in Osamu's chest and the corner of his lips tug into a small smile.

He sets the carrots aside and begins to wash the rice to let it cook while he begins to boil the water for the potatoes. Osamu tries to work quickly in preparing the ingredients so all that's left to do is to let the ingredients all simmer in a pot for half an hour when the two are done showering.

Osamu hears the shower head turn on from his left ear and he's reminded again how lucky he is to have this second chance with Y/N. The past three years he had time to learn about himself and what he truly wanted out of life.

He never attended university like his peers. Instead, he quickly began to work in the food business as an apprentice of one of the youngest booming ramen restaurant owners, Todori. Osamu still plans to pursue his dream of owning a restaurant of his own but he wants to gain all the experience he can from someone who's managed to do so well at such a young age.

Todori may have an appearance of an older man but he's at the prime age of 25. The scruffy beard and long hair makes his outer appearance seem like a middle aged man. Todori was at the age of 22 when Osamu met him.

Something about hearing a 22 year old running a successful and popular ramen restaurant in one of the busiest foot traffic cities in Japan sounded unbelievable to Osamu. But when he saw the drive in Todori's eyes and how goal driven Todori is with everything he does, things made sense.

Todori taught Osamu several tips and tricks along the way. He didn't keep anything a secret and encouraged Osamu to ask as many questions as he wanted. Todori is unlike any restaurant owner Osamu's witness. Many of them would've kept their lips tight and would never cross eyes with someone like Osamu. Someone who hasn't gone to culinary school.