Constantly fucking up

You nervously stand in front of the apartment complex to Suna's and Ojiro's place. The GPS loudly announces that you've arrived at your location and you startle from the voice. Your nerves are unbelievably high tonight. You couldn't even decide what to wear to the party and you stayed up late last night to sort it out. But no matter how many outfits you picked out, you find yourself in a graphic tee, denim jeans, and a pair of sneakers.

You weren't there to impress anyone anyway. So you chose something comfortable over eye catching.

Inhaling deeply, you force your legs to move forward. But you lose all confidence after the first step. Maybe you should've called Atsumu to walk with you. But you rejected the idea since he'll arrive with Osamu. Kita probably would've walked you there if you had asked him. He isn't the kind of guy to not help his friends out.

Grumbling to yourself, you stomp your feet in place at how overdramatic you're being. "Just walk over to their apartment and say hi." You mutter to yourself.

"Excuse me--"

You're too engrossed in your own mumbling to not hear someone attempting to get your attention.

"Jeez, I don't remember you being like this at all. What happened to the independent quiet classmate of mine?" Suna mumbles, scratching the back of his head. "Are you ignoring me on purpose?" Suna places a hand on Y/N shoulder.

You jolt from the sudden touch of another person. Suna raises his hand up from your shoulder. "Hi. It's nice to meet you again Y/N. Are you done ignoring me? Or should I let you continue...whatever you were just doing."

Your face flushes when you realize Suna's caught you mumbling to yourself. Turning around to not look at him, you raise one hand and wave. He snickers softly under his breath. "Don't act coy now. Weren't you just mumbling a storm earlier?"

You shrink in response, the tips of your ears reddening.

"Were you not sure which apartment was ours? Let's go." Suna walks ahead and you timidly trail behind him. He looks at you from the corner of his eye, his steps purposely slowing down so the two of you are walking side by side. "Sorry I couldn't welcome you back sooner. Volleyball practice has been more intense lately."

"It's alright. We're all busy so it's understandable." You finally make a coherent sentence after regaining some composure. "I was actually surprised you and Ojiro found out I was back. I thought the only ones who knew was Atsumu and Kito."

Suna stiffens from Y/N's words. He tries his best to keep a neutral facial expression. He's technically seen her the first day she arrived in Japan. But he doubts Atsumu has mentioned that. "You know Atsumu has a big mouth." Suna lies, he gulps in anticipation that she'll see through him. But she responds with silence.

"Kita said something similar..." You speak more to yourself than to Suna.

A relieved expression crosses his face when he walks up the stairs to the second floor. He inserts a key to his apartment and lets you in first.