Atsumu's existance

Atsumu opts out in dining inside the sushi restaurant. Instead he orders takeout from there so he's able to let you get some fresh air without being closed in with other guests.

The two of you find a nearby lake to enjoy the sushi together.

You never stayed out this late at night in Tokyo before. So you try to think optimistically about this turn of events.

"Say ah~" Atsumu speaks adorably. He's still worried over you despite you telling him that you're feeling better after walking around a bit. You give into his antics and part your lips open to accept the sushi he's offering. The very piece he shares is his fatty tuna that he loves. "I don't share this sushi with just anyone." Atsumu makes sure to point it out incase you haven't noticed. He puckers his lips out in a pout. You carefully chew the sushi and the fatty tuna begins to melt on your tongue.

A smile curls onto your face and Atsumu feels relieved when he sees it. "Yummy, right?"

Swallowing the piece, you nod your head. "I can see why you like it so much."

Atsumu smirks in response. He happily eats one himself.

You turn your attention over to the lake in front of you. The moonlight creates a beautiful glimmer against the water. Slowly, your thoughts begin to drift back to Osamu and your expression falls. Atsumu is quick to notice when he presses another sushi to your lips.

"Hey, are you going to eat any of this? If not, I'm eating it all." Atsumu calls out to you. Your lips part open again to eat the piece he's offering. "Or do you want me to feed them to you?" He smirks at the idea. "If so, I'd happily do so if you ask me nicely."

You giggle at his words and slightly shove him as you chew the sushi that's in your mouth. There's a moment of comfortable silence when the two of you eat. Your eyes lower to the denim jacket that still drapes over you. "Thank you Atsumu." You whisper into the evening air.

"What for?" Atsumu speaks between a bite of sushi.

"For existing." Your words are firm when you turn to look at him directly. "You're more reliable than I thought."

"Is that an insult Y/N?" Atsumu gently pulls your cheek with his pinched fingers. A broad smile etches on his face when you feed him with compliments.

"It's not." You giggle softly. "I'm thankful that you became my partner back in middle school. I tried to play it off that I wasn't upset to be alone but..."

"I saw the way your hand clutched onto your skirt that day. I'm not sure you realized it but...you caught my attention early on. I wondered why did this girl not laugh at my silly antics. For a while, I thought you couldn't see me. Like I was invisible." Atsumu cuts you off before you're able to finish your sentence. There's a warm smile on his face and his eye soften when he recalls the memories of the past.

You snicker from his words. "How could I think you're invisible when you're the loudest student in the classroom?"

"And you were the quietest." Atsumu murmurs in a sweet tone. The two of you quietly stare at one another.

You wondered if your life would've been much happier if you had fallen for Atsumu instead.

The class clown and the quiet art kid.

Atsumu presses a finger to your forehead and he speaks in a low voice. "What are you thinking about?"

Feeling embarrassed from staring at Atsumu for too long, your eyes dart down. There's no reason for you to not be honest with your thoughts around Atsumu. You sheepishly admit your thoughts aloud. "I just wondered what my life would've been like if I had fallen for you instead, Atsumu."

Atsumu looks taken aback. His jaw drops slightly and he's speechless for once. No words form and his throat begins to dry.

Sighing, you run your hand through your hair and return your attention towards the lake. "I shouldn't say things like that so loosely though."

"Let's go on a date."

You raise an eyebrow from Atsumu's sudden suggestion. Turning your attention back to him, you eye him curiously. "A date? What for?"

"Go out on one date with me Y/N. If you still feel nothing for me after the date, I'll stop pursuing you so aggressively." Atsumu wears a serious look in his eyes. He's adamant about his offer and it seems like saying no is not an option.

But, the thought of possibly giving Atsumu false hope hurts you. He seems to read your mind when he speaks up again.

"This is my one request. It's payback for helping you out tonight." Atsumu changes up the meaning in hopes this will ease your mind.

"Atsumu..." His name slips from your lips easily.

"Hey, this is the first time a girl has me begging to take them out on a date. I'd say that's a win for you Y/N." Atsumu lightens the conversation with his usual playful words. "You can end the date early if you want. I just want the memories of something that could've or could happen between us."

You ponder on the thought and exhale quietly under your breath. "You know, you're a hopeless romantic 'Tsum-Tsum. You're also super clingy and act childish at times."

Atsumu eyes Y/N with bated breath. He notices the small smile that curls onto her face and the relaxed droop of her tense shoulders.

"Okay, when should we go on a date?"

The most brightest smile flashes on Atsumu's face when he hears your answer. His smile outshines the moon that glows in the night sky. Atsumu envelopes you into a tight hug. The two of you to lay on the grass from how quickly he clashed his body against yours.

"A-Atsumu, you're being clingy again." Your hands gently press against his chest but he holds you firmly in his arms. He nuzzles his head against your cheek.

"Shut up. I'm trying to soak in the happiness I feel right now." Atsumu grumbles with a pout. You can't help but laugh in response. "Is tomorrow too soon for you? You don't have plans, right?"

"I actually wanted to be lazy tomorrow but I guess that's not an option."

"It's not." Atsumu curtly replies with a devilish smirk.