I'm not losing you again

You sit stiff in an izakaya.

Atsumu's managed to drag you in here and you're now sitting next to him at the bar with a beer in your hand. A silence looms over the two of you with the filler noise of the customers chatting among themselves.

Atsumu takes a swig from his beer while you swirl yours around.

What should you say right now?

You honestly just want to go back to your apartment to unpack what little belongings you had.

Atsumu looks at Y/N from the corner of his eye. The look of discomfort is easily read on her face. She looks for anything to bring up into conversation but falls short and so is he. He never thought he'd get a chance to see her again. Not with how things ended between her and Osamu.

He wasn't given an explanation from them about what happened. The whole ordeal was casted off like it wasn't a big deal. The two just stopped talking and appearing together.

Y/N reverted back to her polite standoffish behavior. The same way she would treat others. She didn't speak so casually to Atsumu anymore and it bugged him. He didn't like how he was treated like everyone else.

The times he would attempt her to speak to him like old times were shut down. She'd make up an excuse saying she had things to do or that her parents needed her at home. He knew that was a damn lie.

She would always have time whenever she was with Osamu. The two would spend every afternoon after school together. Whether it was at her place, his place, or just out and about. Everyone believed the two would never be pulled apart from each other.

Atsumu never thought his twin brother would be the clingy type in a relationship.

Until the day the two broke up.

What exactly drove the two away?

Atsumu wondered if it's something he could ask of her. It's been three years after all.

"Are you still into volleyball Atsumu?" Y/N speaks up. Her voice pulls Atsumu out of his thoughts. He blinks and turns his attention towards her. There's a loneliness that drapes over her eyes and a small smile on her face.

He dryly snickers. "What kind of question is that? Of course I am." Atsumu tries to lighten the mood with a chuckle. She nods her head slowly, taking another sip of her beer. "What about you? What have you been up to these past three years?"

Y/N shrugs in response. Her eyes cast down to the wooden bar table. "France was lovely but it's completely overcrowded with craving young artists. Everyone's really talented and I felt out of my element. I'm starting to question if I've spent these three years wisely."

"Of course you have. You've made many memories and experiences there, right? It's not a complete waste." Atsumu wears a lopsided smile. She shrugs in response and sighs, the smile on her face is more relaxed. "Since we're on the topic of memories and all...did you find yourself a French boyfriend?"