The favorite twin

You wake up earlier than usual to look for your art class. Luckily, you didn't need to ask for help when you enter the classroom that's located in a building at the far end of the campus.

There's a few students that are there already. Many unpacking their belongings at their own stations.

You purse your lips, unsure if each station is designated to each student.

"Excuse me." A low voice speaks from behind you. You jump slightly and step aside, apologizing. The person walks forward but stops short when they look at you. "Oh. Is that you—"

"Kita?" You raise an eyebrow. Surprised to see him here. You didn't take him to be the person who's interested in art.

Is he taking this class for fun?

He nods in response. "Let's grab a seat. We shouldn't loiter at the front door." Kita walks over to an easel in the back.

"There's no assign spots?" You curiously ask. Kita shakes his head while he takes his backpack off. He unzips his backpack to grab his sketchbook and a bag that you assume contains his paints and brushes.

You begin to do the same. The amount of brushes you place in the cups on the tray by your easel doubles the amount of Kita's. Same with your paints. He looks at your belongings in surprise. "I heard you went abroad. I'm surprised to see you here in Tokyo." Kita murmurs.

A small smile forms on your face when you dryly laugh. You awkwardly scratch the side of your head. "I was in France for a bit and something called me back to finish my final year here. Maybe I was homesick..."

Kita responds with a silent nod. A silence drapes over the conversation while the two of you get your things together.

"Welcome back Y/N. I'm sure the twins are glad to have you back." Kita speaks nonchalantly. His words cause your heart to waver. You try to keep a calm face but he notices the slight muscle twitch in your hands. "You have told them you're back...right?"

Pursing your lips, you pretend to organize your brushes by height. Not that it matters since they're in a cup and they will be moved around. "I bumped into Atsumu yesterday and ran away from him. Osamu..." Your words fall short and Kita can easily predict the rest of your sentence without the need of you to say them aloud.

The conversation pauses when Kita's phone chimes. He apologizes and reaches for his phone in his pocket. "Speak of the devil." Kita flicks his phone to silence before reading over a text. He raises his eyes over to you and extends his phone towards you. He silently tells you with his eyes to look at his phone and you do so.