Tell me loud and clear

Your heart beats a mile a minute the moment you step to the side to let Osamu inside of your apartment. He seems hesitant when he takes off his shoes at the front entrance.

"You can take a seat in the living room. I just need to change into something more comfortable if that's okay with you." You speak softly, barely a whisper. Osamu casts his eyes over to the sofa before he reaches out for your wrist again.

"Could..." His eyes are troubled while his face is expressionless. "Could we talk first? I'll leave right after. I'm sure you're exhausted from your date with Atsumu."

You notice the slight muscle twitch in Osamu's face when he mentions your date with Atsumu. His jaw tightens and he grits his teeth. His grey eyes avoid your gaze. You part your lips slightly, "Alright."

Osamu releases your wrist once he gets your okay. He walks over to the sofa and sits down. You timidly follow after him and sit yourself down at the other end of the sofa. Neither of you are comfortable enough to sit close to one another.

The distance a resemblance of your relationship.

The two of you are at arms reach of one another but there's something stopping the two of you from closing the gap.

An eerie silence fills the lack of conversation. Osamu clasps his hands together, his legs spread apart and he leans forward with his head hanging low. "I'm sorry about last night." He initiates the conversation with an apology first.

You're surprised and moved from this. At least you received an apology for last night.

Osamu's hand nervously holds onto a ring that's looped around the silver chain that he hid under his shirt. Your eyes cast down to the ring and you wondered what the significance the ring has to Osamu. The way he carefully holds it, must mean it's important. "Things escalated quickly and I completely shut down." Osamu swallows the saliva that builds up in his mouth. His throat feels incredibly dry and his heart is skipping like crazy. Being alone in Y/N's apartment is more nerve wracking than it should be.

He's unable to think properly when his mind wanders to the thoughts of her being alone abroad.

Did she feel lonely being in a different country?

Or was she comforted by some other guy?

Why is he having these thoughts all of a sudden?

He has other things he needs to bring up.

"I'm sorry too. I said some harsh things while I was upset." Y/N speaks up from Osamu's silence.

You purse your lips and tap your finger nervously against the armrest of the sofa. Your chest tightens and your words are stuck in your throat. This conversation is too delicate and a single wrong slip of the tongue can cause this all to shatter. The air around you seems thick and you find it hard to breath. Despite this being your own apartment.