Bad Days

Prompt: Amelia has a really bad day at work and Owen comforts her.

More for you Omelia fans :)

Amelia scrubbed out of the OR after losing a patient. It was a little boy. He was in a car accident with his father, and the car hit his side. He had too much bleeding and it was too late. She had to go tell his father. She should do it, since she was the surgeon, but Amelia was really dreading it.
"Want me to talk to the family?" Tom offered.
"Yes," She said almost crying.
"You did everything you could Sheps," Tom said. Amelia nodded as he walked out. She felt so down. Tom had to go tell this father he didn't have a son anymore. She fought back her tears as she ran in the elevator. Once the doors closed and she was alone she broke down into tears. The doors opened and she saw Owen.
"Amelia what's wrong?" He asked worried and wrapped his girlfriend in a hug.
"I lost him," Amelia cried into Owen.
"Who?" Owen asked as Amelia continued sobbing.
"A little boy," Amelia cried.
"Okay, okay," Owen comforted her, "let's go to my office okay." Amelia nodded as the elevator doors opened and she wiped her eyes. Owen grabbed her hand and gave it a light squeeze. Amelia opened the door to Owen's office and the two sat down on his couch. Amelia crawled into his arms and Owen wrapped his arms around her.
"Tell me what happened," Owen said.
"He was in a car crash with his dad," Amelia started, "he was only 7. The crash wasn't even his dads fault some guy ran a red light. The car hit the boys door in the back. I think he hit his head on the door or something. There was so much blood." Amelia was sobbing and Owen rubbed her back.
"I'm sure you did everything you could do Amelia, you're the best," Owen said and kissed her head.
"I did do everything but it wasn't enough. Now that father has to go home without his son," she cried. Owen held her and kissed her forehead. He waited for her to calm down.
"Amelia," Owen said softly.
"Yeah?" She said.
"Is this about Christopher?" Owen asked gently. Amelia looked up at him and nodded.
"That father is going to feel like me," Amelia said sadly, "and I don't want anyone to feel like that."
"How do you feel?" Owen asked.
"Like I failed my son," Amelia admitted, "even if it's not true that dad will feel how I feel every day."
"Amelia you didn't fail Christopher," Owen said.
"I couldn't even make him with a functioning brain," Amelia sighed.
"Amelia that wasn't your fault," Owen said.
"I miss him, he was such a sweet boy," Amelia said and looked up at Owen, "he would have loved you."
"I would have loved him too," Owen said, "especially if he was a mini you." That made Amelia smile.
"Don't forget how perfect you are honey," Owen said and leaned in to kiss her.
"It's hard sometimes," she said in a small voice.
"You are the most perfect human being I've ever laid eyes on. You are so incredibly beautiful Amelia. I love you," Owen said. He had never said those three words before. They took Amelia back for a second.
"Y-you do?" Amelia said.
"Amelia are you serious?" Owen chuckled, "of course I love you, and I know how you feel about the words so you don't have to say them back if you don't want to."
"I love you too," Amelia said sweetly. Owen was taken back for a moment too. He knew how Amelia felt about the words I love you. How she always felt that even if you said it people left. She lost her dad, her brother, her fiancé, her baby, he knew Amelia was scared, but she said it. He smiled as he leaned in and kissed her again.
"I love you," Owen repeated.
"I love you," Amelia smiled and pulled him in for a passionate kiss. Owen made Amelia feel like everything was okay. He made her forget about everything bad that happened to her. He made her feel loved, and Owen loved her more than anything in the world.

please comment ideas lol :)

thanks