VII. THE MYSTIC LAKE

Start from the beginning

"But how?"

"It's in your blood, child."

"I can't be. It's impossible. How?"

"You are the only living offspring of the first Shadow Lord. The Great Theodore." Her heart stopped for a second. The Great Theodore? That was bloody mad. She could remember the stories about him, she could remember clearly the first time Raphael had told her this legend.

"It's time for bed, Guin

"It's time for bed, Guin."

"But daddy, you haven't told me a story yet." the small girl with blue-green eyes said sheepishly. A younger version of Raphael chuckled at his daughter, covering her with a blanket.

"I'll tell you about the Great Theodore, a man as old as time." he began, earning the girl's curiousity.  "He was just a simple merchant once. He had a family like every other man. A beautiful wife, two healthy and jovial children and a small, yet cozy cottage."

Little Guinevere was listening with interest, it was hard to get her attention, but this time, for some unknown reason, she was simply so invested.

" One day, his fate twisted. Life turned against him. His two children died and not too long after, his wife fell sick." Raphael continued. "Theodore of Terrasen was desperate, he turned to the dark gods for help. He sold his soul, his ability to love for that power. The gift was rather a curse, his greed and ambition increased and he let his wife die, as he was no longer interested in her fate. Everything left from that kind and selfless man vanished, leaving the lust for power. Theodore learnt and practiced all kinds of magic, and his power grew day by day. Soon enough, he became the first Shadow Lord, a feared man. "

" And what happened to him after that, daddy?" Guinevere was mesmerized by this story, it was like no other she's been told.

" Centuries passed, the dark gods can't be trusted. One day, they gave Theodore his old soul back. "

" And that is good, isn't it, daddy? "

" Not at all, Guin. He felt again, but it was all regret. Pain. Remorse.The first Shadow Lord left behind a great legacy, different books about runes, and  spells. He withdrawed, no one knows where. Up to this day no one has ever heard of him again. He might be dead, or he might be still alive."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

" And my mother? Who's she? " said Guinevere, snapping out of her memory.

" We can't tell you. "

" Why? This is mad. " she protested.

" Watch your tone when you speak to us, Shadow Lord. We know you need our help." Guinevere was expecting them to have an infinite knowledge, but it was still fricking her out how they anticipated her every move.

"I want your help, indeed. But will you help me?" another reason why she came here was because she wanted to understand how to use her magic.

"We will. But we will ask for something in return when the right time comes." she hesitated for a second, what if they ask for something extreme, like someone's life or her soul.

"What do you want in exchange?" Guinevere asked.

"You'll find out when the right tine comes." the girl stopped. Should she accept? Well she didn't came here for nothing. It is what it is.

"As you wish."

"Then shall our lessons began, Shadow Lord."

Guinevere trained with the spirits, they showed her spells, they taught her to control her power, to use her chaos for her needs

She learnt faster than she tought she will. Finally she felt good at something. The High Priestesses were good teachers, patient, calm and kinder that Guinevere expected.

The girl had to leave, as it was getting dark. She felt safe with the Priestesses, the paladin camp was no threath to her while she was with them. But now, when she has to leave, Guinevere felt somehow unsure.

She had her magic now, of course. But the slight doubtful feeling was still present in her gut.

Only if she knew.

A/N: For some reason I hate this chapter🙃🙃