Chapter 81.

"This will be my last confession
I love you never felt like any blessing
Whisper it is like it's a secret
Only to condemn the one who hears it
With a heavy heart"

Song: Heavy in your arms - Florence and the machine.

WARNING :

VIOLENCE.

*****

HARRY'S P.O.V:

I'm too scared to open my eyes.

All I can hear is Ludo's frantic barks and cries and my body is still frozen as that gunshot plays in my head like a loop along with Abby's face.

I'm terrified of what I'll see.

"Have you lost your fucking mind?"

David's loud voice as he screams has my eyes tearing open though, and it takes me a second to realise what I'm seeing.

David is on the ground, collapsed in front of Abby and his gun laying a small distance away from him.

That's when I notice his thigh that he's holding.

His hands are covered in blood.

Abby had been covering her face, and she dropped her hands seeing David and confused at first but then I saw her gaze go somewhere else.

I turned my head and saw Andy standing there, still with his gun aimed.

... Did Andy fucking shoot David?

My eyes are whipping back and forth between looking at Abby, making sure I'm not hallucinating and that she's alive, and then looking back at Andy.

"What are you doing you idiot?" David snaps at Andy, furious and grunting in pain still holding his leg.

Andy's is breathing heavy through his nose, with a furious look, "you lied to me. You told me you weren't going to kill Abby," Andy points at me, "only him."

David grimaces in pain and snaps at him, "what does it fucking matter? She's a whore that doesn't give a shit about you. I was doing you a favour."

"No!" Andy yells at him, and his hand is shaking with his hold on his gun, "that wasn't the plan. You lied about Maurine as well. You said all of this was to kill Harry."

"You fucking idiot," David yells at him, "Who cares? No get over here and fucking help me."

"Did you kill my mother? Did you lie about that too?" Andy questions him with a hateful tone.

"You useless little prick, get over here-" David shouts at him trying to sit up, ignoring Andy's question but Andy screams at him.

"Did you kill my fucking mother?"

David finally snaps, and looks at Andy with nothing but cold spite and spits at him. "Yes! I did. She was a gold digging bitch, and I put her down like the lying dog she was. I did you a fucking favour you ungrateful little asshole."

Abby is looking between Andy and David, and the truth is shaking Andy as his face screws up; eyes watering but looking unhinged.

"If it weren't for me you would've ended up in a trailer park somewhere and ended up just like your junkie father, that's the life your mother would've given to you," David seethes at him, "I'm the one that fucking made you. Don't forget that."