1

Nialls coming home with his bandmates for Christmas. I'm very nervous to see them. I've only met the boys a few times since my parents won't let me around them. They think I'll make them look bad so they try to keep me to the sidelines. But now they will be staying in the house for a month.

We have Nialls old room where Niall and Liam will be staying. A guest room for Louis and Zayn and mum and dad insisted that my room is for Harry. Which I don't mind actually. It will be easier for me to have a way to escape in the middle of the night to go on my late-night walks without mum and dad yelling at me for waking them up. I'll be sleeping on the couch.

"Madeline!" mum yelled from the bottom of the stairs. I get out of my daze and walk out of my room and look down from the railing of the stairs. "Yes, mum?" I look down but don't see her. "Is your room good? The boys will be here soon I don't want it to be trashy" I bite my lip as she suddenly appears. I'm trying to think of a way of how to tell her that I still haven't got my clothes put away and moved all of my stuff out of my dresser for Harry. "You are so worthless. You see if we asked your brother to do it it'll be done already" she goes on and on. "I'm almost done mum I'm sorry," I softly sigh and walking back into my room.

I walk into my room and fold more clothes and put them in a basket to bring down with me. I make sure that I have my dresser cleaned out for Harry and make sure my bed is made and room is tidy for him.

Once I know that my mum and dad will be satisfied I head downstairs with my basket of clothes. I sit it down on a counter in the living room away so it won't be in the way. "Madeline would you please go dress presentable. Go do make-up and fix your rat's nest of hair" My dad looked at me from the kitchen. "Okay," I then  headed back upstairs to the bathroom.

After I got ready. I finish my makeup snd hair and get dressed. I decided to just wear black jeans with a sweater tucked in with my white converse. Nothing too crazy but hopefully it'll be enough for my parent's approval. "Madeline get down here now!" mum yelled from the living room. I take a deep breath and put on a fake smile.

I head downstairs and stand next to my dad as the front door opens. "Oh, Niall it's so nice to see you, love," mum being the first one to practically jumping into Niall's arms. "Hello, mum! I've missed you so much" He had the biggest smile on his face. The other boys enter saying hi to my mum and dad. I just stand in the back waiting to be noticed. "MADS!!" Niall yells running to me. I couldn't help but have a real smile on my face. "NIALL," I hugged him tightly. "I've missed you so much mads," he smiled widely at me. "I've missed you-" before I could finish my sentence dad cuts me off. "Madeline put these bags away we have to head out for dinner" I give him a weird look. "I'm not coming with you?" I said confused. "Oh no, dear. I wanted to spend time with boys" Mum gave me a soft smile. "Oh," I said softly.

Nice moment ruined.

As I walk over to grab Niall's bag he stops me. "No she's coming," he's voice was stern and persistent. "But Niall it's our time to spend time with you and the boys. She will take time away from our time" dad put on a fake smile trying to convince him. "Niall it's fine," I look at him not wanting him to push it. "No, it's alright. She can come" Louis buds in with a smile. "Alright, Madeline you can come," mum gave the fakest smile I've ever seen. "Okay we're just going to put the bags in our rooms then we'll be right there," Niall grabbedhis bag. "Here I'll show you guys to your rooms," I said shyly. As I walk away mum gives me the death glare.

Niall shows Liam his room since they are sharing. I take Louis and Zayn to the guest bedroom, then I take Harry to my room. "Here your room. Sorry for all the makeup on the vanity and the perfume. I cleared out the dresser for you" I looks around the room, analyzing every little detail. "Is this your room?" he sits down his bag in the room. I give a slight nod. "Why aren't you sleeping in here?" he asked confused. "Mum and dad insisted that I let you stay in my room. I don't mind tho the couch is closer to the door so I get to go on my late-night walks without waking up my parents" He just gives me a soft smile. Niall enters the room "We should head out" Harry gestured to the door.

We make it to the restaurant. It's so pretty and looks fancy. "Horan reservation" mum said to the hostess. "Yes, private room. Right this way please" She takes us to a glass staircase that we walk up and enter a room.

I look and see only 7 seats. "Did you want me to bring up an extra chair for you miss?" the lady asks. "Oh um yes please" she nods and walks out.
I kinda just stand there awkwardly and everyone takes their seats.

"Here you go miss," the hostess sits a chair next to Niall and Mum. "Oh, no can you sit her over the please," Mum pointed to a spot of the table away from everyone else. "Of course no problem," The hostess grabbed the chair and changed my seating.

After a few moments, the waiter enters and I'm the last one to place my order. As Niall is giving him his order my phone dings. I look and see it's a text from mum. "Nothing fattening. You're already gaining weight no need to gain anymore. Nothing expensive either don't want to waste money on you" I lock my phone and look at the menu. The only cheap thing on the menu is a small house salad and water. Guess I'll just be getting that.

"What can I get you dear?" the waiter looks at me. "Just a small house salad and water please" he looked at me confused. "Is that all?" I just nod. "Alright I'll have that right out," he then left the room.

I listen in as Mum asks the boys about the tour and dad is making witting banter with Louis about football. "Oh, Mads how is college so far?" Niall looks over at me. "Oh, it's going pretty good. It's been pretty stressful but I've been trying my hardest" Mum chuckles a little. "Not hard enough," she mumbles under her breath. Harry looks at her then back and me. "She's been having a hard time in maths," mum said in a judgy way. "Maths is hard so that's understandable," Niall defending me. "Yeah maybe," she just blows it off. I just look away and ignore it.

The waiter walks in and hands us our food. "Thank you," he hands me my salad. "Is that all you're going to eat?" Niall looked at me confused. I look at mum who's glaring at me. "Oh um, yeah. Not that hungry" I lied. I'm starving. "Yeah, you know. Teenage girls and their appetites" Mum laughed. Niall gives her a weird look and everyone else besides my dad who's staring at his phone is looking at me. "I...I have to go to the bathroom" I said unsure of what to do. I get up and go to the bathroom.

Niall pov:
Madeline leaves for the restroom. What is going on? This isn't the Mads I remember. Why are mum and dad treating her like this? I look at mum confused. "What are you doing?" I'm tired of the way she's treating her. "What do you mean?" she asks confused. "You know what I mean. Why are you treating Mads like this?" She just shrugs it off. "I'm not treating her as anything," she acts like she's not in the wrong. "Niall your mother isn't doing anything. Madeline is probably just tired okay?" dad said defending her. I just shake my head and ignore it.

After a few minutes, Mads comes back into the room all eyes are on her. "Sorry had to go freshen up," her voice was soft, almost to soft to hear. Her eyes are red like she's been crying. I sigh and watch her eat her salad as I eat my salmon.

Mads pov:
We finish dinner. We head to the cars. I have to drive back with Niall, mum, and dad. The ride was silent and relaxing. I'm so exhausted right now I just wanna go home and sleep.

We make it home and we all enter the house. "Do you guys wanna watch the last hour of the football game?" Dad looked at the boys as they enter. "Oh no I'm sure that Madeline is tired," Harry gives me a soft smile noticing my tired expression. "Oh nonsense she will be okay," Dad said shrugging. "Oh um. It's fine" I'm obviously tired but didn't want to make dad mad. "Come on boys," Dad then turns on the tv. Harry gives me a small smile and sits next to Niall on the couch.

I just go to the back patio and sit down on a chair out there. I go on my phone and start feeling really tired. I lock my phone and just look out at the trees in the backyard. I feel my eyes close and before I know it I fall asleep.

Niall pov:
The game is over and we start to head to our rooms. I go to the patio to check on Mads. She's asleep on the chair and she is shivering cold.

"Madeline," I said softly. She stays asleep. "Mads," I gently shake her. She still stays asleep. "Harry can you help me move her to the couch it's freezing out here" he nods and helps me bring her to the couch. We gently set her down and I take off her shoes. "Here put this on her I'm going to grab some more blankets," Harry handed me his hoodie. I gently put it over her head and put a small blanket on her. Harry comes back and brings a bigger blanket. "Thank you," I make sure she's comfortable, and put her phone on the charger. "Okay we should get some rest," I said tiredly. "Yeah I'm exhausted," Harry then yawns. We head upstairs to our rooms.

Just hold meOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara