Chapter 41: Miss Jean Grey

Comincia dall'inizio

"Not anything."

"I can help you. I can help you so that you never have to break things ever again."

"You think you can fix me too."

"No. No, because you are not broken."

	There isn't enough time to describe how much this little girl reminds me of my daughter

There isn't enough time to describe how much this little girl reminds me of my daughter. That feeling of brokenness and scorn—deeply rooted isn't a sufficient explanation. She's been wounded by all that's happened. Of course, like my Elizabeth Grace, it seems all she needs is a bit of a guiding light. I did a poor job helping my own child when she needed me most. This might be the only chance I get at any form of possible redemption. Perhaps, in this situation, I can act as Erik instead of sitting sidelined by my own doing.

Young Jean follows me as I roll my wheelchair inside. Many of the students are around the back of the mansion, so there aren't many people inside. Hank has already prepared a room for her. I watch as Jean walks very cautiously behind me through the house.

"You know, Jean," I start. "You aren't the first mutant I've met that broke things, as you say."

"I'm not?"

"No, in fact, I think you should meet someone."

Elizabeth Grace's POV

"Hi, dad," I say with a smile, feeling a connection to him. Dad and Erik are so far the only people I am able to connect with no matter how far away they are. This power has developed over the past few years. It's clear my abilities are still growing. Where that will lead to, we're still unsure.

"Hello, sweetheart," he greets me. "How are you doing?"

"Great, actually. Oxford is still the Oxford you remember."

"That's wonderful news. Are you coming home for the holidays?"

"I am. So, tell me a bit about your new student."

"I forget how it feels to be on the other side of a telepath," dad laughs.

"Now you understand how everyone else feels... and how I felt when I was younger."

"I only read your mind on rare occasions when I was extremely worried."

"Of course you did. Anyway, new student. Jean. Tell me about her."

"Her power could rival yours. Just as I don't know what exactly you could be capable of, I'm not sure what she is either. She's afraid of her abilities."

"Just like I was when I was young."

"Exactly. I would like her to meet you. I believe it would be beneficial for her to meet someone that understands her struggle."

"Of course. I'm leaving in about two days. I just took the last of my finals today and have a few things to settle before I leave."

"I look forward to seeing you again, sweetheart."