𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

an involuntary frown slipped across her face, and she blew a strand of hair away from her face in frustration.

alex looked up, his eyebrow cocked up.
"he's not here."

"i wasn't-"

"yes, you were."

charlotte sighed.
"yeah, i was."
she huffed out a laugh. alex could see through every little white lie she told, and it was so frustrating.
"are you guys gonna be done with overdrive songwriting mode soon?"

luke kicked his legs up onto the coffee table.
"i think we're done, honestly. we're just looking at one of the ones reg told us not to look at."
he bit his lip.
"please don't, uh-don't tell him that."

"i won't." she giggled. "can i see it?"

alex pursed his lips.
"uh, we-well..." his voice went up an octave. "i-i don't think so-"

"definitely not." luke shook his head. "sorry, char. bro code."

char stuck her bottom lip out and pouted at them.
"please?"

"nope." alex said immediately, and shut the notebook.
charlotte scoffed and rolled her eyes. they were so secretive about that notebook and their songs.

"so, where'd he go? the beach?" she asked.

"i'm guessing, yeah." he nodded. "you going there too?"

she nodded, throwing up a quick peace sign before she popped out of the studio.

char reappeared by the bike shop she first found him sitting in front of. a lot of these stores definitely hadn't been here on the beach front before she died. she couldn't be sure, but she seemed to remember a lot of houses where the cheaply built shops now stood.

she turned to the sand, where, as expected, she saw reggie sitting with his knees pulled up to his chest. he wore just a plain white shirt and the usual jeans as he drew little shapes in the sand.

"i thought i'd find you here." char sat down right next to him, much closer than the day they met in the same spot. she reached over and took his hand, delicately lacing her fingers with his.

reggie glanced down at her hand, a little bit of surprise crossing his face. his ears turned a faint shade of pink.

"look who's following me now." he joked.

"wherever you go..." she said simply.

"i'll be." he finished, then sighed.

"it's a nice bike shop."

he laughed, a little scoff coupled with a roll of his eyes.

"what?"

"it used to be my house."

"your house? you lived in a bike shop?" she joked, trying to get him to crack a real smile.

"char, i..."
he laughed again, shaking his head.
"no, i-my house used to be right there."

charlotte stretched her legs out in front of her.
"i'm sorry."