Chapter 45 | Crossing the line

Começar do início

Every movement from there was a blur, my loss of blood combined with my shock and mental fatigue made it much harder to keep up than usual. I watched as Dad fought them all off with no weapons nor armour, and yet he emerged without a scratch and prevailed with tons of energy to spare. After he dispatched of the most recent 'wave', I heard some loud static and a tall figure who even I could figure out came into combat. "Ah, perfect! I hope you're a challenge, I ain't sell my soul to The Big Z for nuthin'" he said, rolling his neck once more.
"Well, I guess this isn't going to be a polite way to meet a parent..." Slemda groaned. "You okay, honey?" She asked, now speaking to me. I couldn't find the strength to speak, but I managed to hold a thumb up with my now muddy and non-bandaged hand.
"Man, I made a great pussy-slayer" my dad commented. "But anyway..." he continued, interlocking his fingers and stretching his arms out. "You lost, lady" he said smugly, making his right hand into a finger gun and 'shooting' Slenda. She immediately made a sound like the wind was knocked out of her, however as my dad went to strike her she managed to block his barrage of blows with her tentacles and seemingly matched him blow for blow. I tried to get up and help, but when I tried to stand I immediately fell back onto the ground as pain shot through my wound. I tried once more but it proved less successful than the last as I couldn't even get my self back onto all fours, but just before my body hit the mud once again I felt a hand on my chest. It immediately caught my attention, and when I looked I saw Benny with the most serious look I'd ever seen on her face.

"Don't talk, just come with me" she said, wrapping my arm around her shoulder. As she struggled to lift me, dark smoke coated my vision for a second before I felt a pain in my shoulder as I was pulled up. I looked to my right and saw physical Nightmare holstering my axe for me as he helped Benny move me away as far as he could, a very serious and stoic expression on his face up until he turned back into smoke. We rounded the corner of the house and Benny helped me up onto the porch, leaving me to rest and lean against the railing for a moment as she did an odd hand movement that created a small flash of green light in front of her. She typed something into a floating, green, hologram keyboard that had replaced the light and the security camera pointed to the floor of the porch and shone like a projector, giving us an access way. She gripped my arm tight and quickly pulled me forward, causing both of us to drop through and get flung out through my TV before throwing us onto my bed. "Sally" Benny said simply and seriously. She rushed over with a red bag in hand, emptying its contents beside me in the bed.

"I wish Ann could help us here..." Sally whined, clearly scared and holding back tears as she discarded the bag.
"We'll be alright, ain't no way I'm letting that old bastard take me out now. If anything this is just more motivation to kick his ass" I said, trying to comfort her within my rage as I grabbed a needle and thread to sew my shoulder shut with.
"Always the tough guy" she responded, grabbing the hydrogen peroxide, a rag and a large bandaid. "And always my hero" she said lovingly, kissing my dirty forehead as she applied the liquid and accompanying adhesive appropriately.
"Did that take the pain away?" Helen asked, most likely in reference to the kiss distraction as she did her best to re-bandage my shoulder.
"Nope..." I grunted aloud, shaking my head a little as I winced at the burning I felt combined with the 'discomfort' of my shoulder. "Can't say it wasn't nice though" I said cheekily, trying to play off the pain I was feeling. I tied and cut the end of the thread and grunted in painful exertion as I climbed/rolled off of the bed, feeling my healing factor slowly kick in.
'Slow today, aren't we?' I joked, noticing how I could feel my layers of flesh slowly and uncomfortably repairing themselves.

"Hey I'm doing my best after having to materialise constantly, if I didn't then you'd already be a dead" Nightmare responded, clearly still not in a joking mood.
'Feels like I am already...' I groaned, standing up but still clutching both of my wounds in pain. 'I appreciate your help though, partner' I added kindly.
"Don't rush it!" Liu cried, a look of concern and fear plastered on her face.
"Yeah, Slenda's still out there right now" Sally added, trying to give me as much time to recover as possible.
"And if anyone can handle themselves, it's he-" Helen was cut of by a cry of pain, followed by something forcefully hitting the ground and lightning crashing outside once again.
"Oh no..." Benny mumbled in horror, sounding as if she was already defeated
"Well then, as the old saying goes..." I stretched my legs and arms quickly, trying to give Nightmare as much healing time as possible. As I walked to the window, I felt the wounds stop bleeding and the first few layers of flesh fully rejoined; it was bizarre to feel but fortunately I felt my pain slowly being relieved. "Ugh..." I groaned, shaking my arms and legs to try and stay loose before I stood still and looked at the girls over my shoulder. "Maximum effort" I said smugly, hopping out of the window once again.