1.5

H A I L E Y

"hey, did you disconnect your old number?" luke asks, running his hands through his blonde hair.

"no, why?" i ask.

"i got a message from that number saying it was skye?" he sighed.

"probably some random fan. i don't even know where my old phone is. maybe i left it at a restaurant and someone grabbed it." i say quickly.

"you're not skye, you're so different." luke says with a chuckle while i feel my heart stop and my fingers shake.

"w-what?" i ask attempting to be calm.

"you're not the skye i met before. you're so much more. it's like your emotions came flooding back and now you're this sweet, caring, loving girl that i have always wanted. i love you so much, skye." he says, wrapping his long arms around my waist.

"i just wish you loved me for me." i whisper so he can't hear. "i love you too." i kiss his cheek, forcing a smile onto my face.

then the doorbell rings, making me jump. luke looks at me cautiously and i just smile again.

"i'll get it." i say.

i walk over to the door and grasp the cold doorhandle before swinging it open. i see her standing there with her hands on her hips, a disgusted look in her eyes -- as always.

"what do you want?" i hiss.

"my life back? my boyfriend?" she scoffs.

"you brought me into this, skye. i'm not leaving!" i say.

"i'm going to make you leave. i don't care who gets hurt. hell, if i lose luke i don't care. at least you wouldn't have him either. you're not going to stay in my life." she says.

"you're a bitch." i hiss before slamming the door in her face. i feel my hands start to shake again, and tears rising in my eyes. i sniffle and see calum standing behind me.

"was that skye?" he asks.

i just nod. i didn't want to talk to calum, we didn't have a good relationship. it was lies and manipulation, just like my relationship with luke. 

"where's luke?" calum asks.

"backyard." i point.

"why don't you tell him the truth, hailey?" calum asks, brushing the hair out of my eye.

"because i don't want to leave him. i don't want to hurt him. i'm too far into this to tell him now." i say.

"he's going to get hurt anyways." calum says.

"i know. and i probably won't be here by the time he does."

longer chapter for you guys bc ily

vote & comment :)

cute luke and hailey moments and skye drama next chapter