14: SYN-A Peck?

I wake up to something cold and hard poking my cheek. When I reluctantly open my eyes, I see a long, black hockey stick in my face, and at the other end of it, a smirking Greyson.

"Didn't mean to poke the beast—pun intended—but I'm starved."

"Ha-ha," I roll my eyes, giving him an unamused look, my body still crunched in a ball under his shirt.

He drops the hockey stick when he is sure the scene is safe, and advances on me somewhat rapaciously, trapping me under him like he couldn't possibly go one more second without being near me. I squeal and turn my head, breaking out in giggles when he presses a kiss wet enough to feel like a lick on my cheek.

"Holy fuck, I not only got acknowledged without the context of murder, I also got a laugh out of you?" he asks in mock bewilderment. "Who are you and what have you done with Satanic Syn?"

"Did you just lick me!?"

"No, but now you're givin' me ideas."

When he ducks down with his tongue out, I bring my knees to my chest and use both legs to kick him off me. He wanted Satanic Syn, here she is. I cross my arms, trying to look more smug than giggly, which makes his eyes go dark and his smile go filthy. He likes roughhousing it with me, I guess, because he grabs my ankles and yanks my legs, dragging me to the end of the bed and planting my feet on the rug. And then he forces my chin in place as he not only licks me, but grabs me between his teeth, getting a quick bite out of my cheek before I could scramble to my feet.

I look up, fully prepared to attack, but the look in his eye freezes me in place. They're dark... almost black, and wide, like he's captured his prey and is about to violently rip it to shreds. He looks ravenous.

I quirk my brow. "Hungry, much?"

He rests his hands on his lean hips and cocks his head down at me. "Yeah... something like that," he rumbles, causing my belly to clench.

He just licked me, bit me... Does that constitute as second base? And that kiss last night... Are we going to talk about it or are we pretending that never happened? Is it going to happen again? Will it affect our friendship? Probably not, right?

"Uh-uh, Syn, eyes on me," Greyson orders. "Don't you dare shut down on me. What's going on in that mind of yours?"

"Umm, just trying to piece together last night. It was a bit blurry," I half-lie, knowing I was drunk at one point but remember every detail of that kiss. I want to see if he'll bring it up.

"Well," he starts, following me around as I get ready. "You drank like a champ, kicked a bunch of asses—literally and in beer pong—did a few cool dares." He sits on the closed lid of the toilet seat and watches me as I wash my face and brush my teeth with the toothbrush he set out for me. "You, um, took your top off because CJ is a dick and was asking about your sex life..." A pang of embarrassment hits me at the memory. "And you almost kissed Travis, but I sort of stopped you."

"Why'd you pull me away?" I ask, my question muffled by the foamy toothpaste in my mouth. I spit, then turn my attention back to him. "Did you not want me kissing anyone? Your teammate?" I need to know what it was that made him tick—enough to rip me away from Travis and haul my ass up to bed. He's the one who introduced me into his world, and I don't want to make him regret it by kissing his friends and running around shirtless in his house. But then again... I can do whatever I want.

Even sitting down, he's taller than me, but when he stands up to his full height, nothing is sexier and more intimidating.

"Well, you were really drunk." He takes a predatory step towards the sink, towards me. I gulp. "And shirtless," he adds in a raspy voice, taking another step forward. My neck cranes to meet his eye. And you couldn't stand the sight of me kissing someone else because you wanted to be the one to kiss me? "And because I could tell you were uncomfortable," he says to my dismay, and lifts his hand to tuck a stand of now brushed and not as crazy looking hair behind my ear. The act is so gentle, I almost melt. "And then I carried you upstairs and you shared your deepest, darkest secrets with me," he says with a sinful smirk, his hand still lingering behind my ear.