xiii. we are grounders

we are grounders; ❛ RULES ❜ ↷ the hundred❝ we did good ❞

↷ the hundred
❝ we did good ❞

War has always been something that Gabriella Kane thought humanity would not encounter for another four hundred years

War has always been something that Gabriella Kane thought humanity would not encounter for another four hundred years. To her dislike, war has started since the second the hundred had landed on Earth.

It started with the dropship landing on grounder territory instead of Mount Weather and the only way it would end would cause more than half of them to die. Gabriella had to do everything in her power to keep her people alive and that started with keeping Raven alive by helping Clarke stop the bleeding on her and Wells' gunshot wounds.

Raven screamed in pain and gripped Gabriella's hand tighter as Clarke pressed the hot knife against her wound.

"That should stop the external bleeding." Clarke said, looking up at Finn before moving to do the same thing to Wells before his wound got infected.

As Clarke pressed the knife to Wells' shoulder, he gripped the edge of the makeshift table tightly and clenched his jaw to prevent himself from letting out anything other than pained grunts.

"I don't understand. How did Murphy get a gun?" Finn asked as he watched Clarke put a bandage around Wells' shoulder.

Gabriella shifted uncomfortably and stared at her feet, feeling a sudden rush of guilt. She was a hundred percent sure that it was her fault that Murphy got a gun to shoot Raven and Wells with and tried to kill Bellamy.

"Long story." Bellamy immediately dismissed the subject, seeing how Gabriella's expression became stoic at the bare mention of Murphy's name.

"We got lucky." Raven croaked out, sighing and shutting her eyes. "If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of us, we'd all be dead."

"Wait, there's rocket fuel down there?" Clarke asked and Gabriella instantly wondered how she did not think of it sooner. It was a dropship and it needed rocket fuel to function.

They should have thought about checking beneath the dropship for it weeks ago.

"Is there enough to build a bomb?" The engineer wondered out loud, directing her question at Raven who's eyes flickered knowingly.