Chapter 18- Some x brother x trouble

Start from the beginning

"That's nothing more than a speculation." Mr. Netero said, turning his back to us.

"No it isn't! A person can torture another person to a certain way and can make triggers that when become activated, they control the person's actions! They become like Illumi said, puppets!" I shouted, not wanting Illumi to get away with this.

I've seen a lot of movies to see this happen, but I'm not sure if I said it correctly so that they'll understand what I meant.

"Now that's more of a theory. There's no concrete proof." He told me, glancing back at me then walked to where he was standing at, next to the other examiners.

"From what we saw, there were no clear indications he was ordered to commit murder. And regarding the hypnotism and torture, I would have to question those claims as well."

"But—" I said but stopped once I saw his eyes telling me to drop it, me looking down. "I will agree that the incident occurred once the battle between Leorio and Bodoro had gotten under way. At that point, both fighters were evenly matched, all things considered.

While Bodoro certainly had more experience, it was clear that Leorio had the definite edge when it came to raw ability in combat. Given that it was a fair fight. There was no need for Killua to interfere." Mr. Netero said, Leorio grunting.

"And speaking of weird things happening.." Pokkle said then turned to Kurapika and I, mostly at Kurapika, "Why don't we talk about when you fought with Hisoka? Mind telling us what it was he said to you?"

He then turned around, leaning on his table, "Neither of you looked tired. But Hisoka whispered something to you, then surrendered. Weird, right?

I'd understand if he whispered something and you surrendered, like with Hanzo and me or Bodoro and Hisoka. We were under a lot of pressure. Instead the opposite happened, which make me wonder if the two of you struck some sort of bargain.

If you want to talk about things that don't make sense, then your victory would fit the bill perfectly. You don't have anything to hide, right? So what did he say? Enlighten us."

"I have no such obligation." Kurapika responded. "Maybe you don't, but I think you owe it to us." "I don't. You may find my victory suspect, but I would say the same of victory by default."

"What?!" Pokkle growled. "This is pointless." I whispered, earning Kurapika's attention. "Come on. Let's just get this over with so that we can all go home." Mr. Hanzo spoke up as he stood up.

"Look here, pal!" Leorio shouted, about to continue yelling. "This is completely pointless!" Gon and I shouted, one of the potted plants in the room exploding in flames, the room becoming silent.

"Why argue about whether somebody should've passed? If you're not satisfied that you made it, you can keep working until you are." "If Killua wants to retake the hunter exam, then we'll know he'll pass. He didn't this time, and it is what it is." Gon and I said.

"But still, if you've been forcing Killua to murder people against his will this whole time.." "We will ever forgive you." We both said again, looking at Illumi.

"Never forgive me? So what will you do?" He asked, looking at Gon since he's the closest. "We won't do anything, but after we go rescue Killua, we'll never let you see him again." Gon told him, Illumi outstretching his hand, about to touch Gon's head until Gon jumped away.

"Ah-hem!" Mr. Netero cleared his throat, regaining all of our attention, "All right, gentlemen and little lady, let's continue. Michael is absolutely right. It's up to each of you to decide whether or not you're worthy of your license.