6. The Song of Mystery

C. C. = Cartoon Character

It was a dark night over in Crystal Cove and everything was quite. That is until someone was heard calling out to another person.

C. C. #1: Broccoli head!

C. C. #2: You wanted to see me sir?

Then it was revealed to just be a cartoon being watched by a kid. It had turned out Daphne was babysitting the boy while his parents were away.

C. C. #1: I want you to deliver these packages right away.

C. C. #2: Yes Mr. Glubofunny. Mr.Covighheim.

C. C. #1: It's Gabodablophordia. How many times to I have to say it?! Gabodablophordia!

C. C. #2: Gablosbrnekn.

The kid watching the cartoon just laughs at the show. And then Daphne walked over and shut off the tv to the kids surprise.

Daphne: Bed time Arthur.

So the boy, now know as Arthur, goes to his room. And Daphne tucks him in so he can go to bed.

Arthur: Nighty night Daphne. You're the best baby sitter ever.

Daphne: Night Arthur.

Then Daphne shuts off the light and leaves the room. But little did she know was that an unknown masked figure has been watching from across the street. Then it took out a pan flute and began to play a creepy song.

Arthur had heard the panflute play from his room. And Daphne was in the living room reading a book. Then she heard the panflute too, and it made her curious as to who was playing it.

Daphne: That's weird, who would be playing a pan flute at this hour?

So Daphne decided to take a peak outside to see who it was. That's when she saw the masked figure right across the street. Then a loud crash was heard from upstairs, so Daphne went to check on Arthur. When she got to his room, Daphne saw that Arthur was, strangely, out of bed.

Daphne: Arthur, are you--

That's when Arthur turned around and roared at Daphne. And Arthur had, somehow, grown fangs and long white hair. Then he started to chase Daphne through the house.

Daphne tried to get out of the front door, but forget it was lock via a chain and it only slightly opened. And then the spookified Arthur tried to grab her, but Daphne was able to avoid him at the last second. Then she ran to the window and was able to get out just in the nick of time.

When Daphne looked back, she saw the spookified Arthur lock the window she just exited. That's when she looked to where the masked figure was, only to see it had vanished.

The next day, Daphne was in the van with the rest of the gang, minus Y/n. And she was telling them about what had happened to het the night prior.

Daphne: I just can't understand what got into Arthur last night. One minute he's as sweet as can be, and then the next thing I know, he's trying to kill me.

Fred: Maybe he just had to much sugar?

Daphne: Sugar doesn't make you grow fangs Fred.

Shaggy: Like, good, because of there's one think I love, it's sugar.