Cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ 10

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧."
.⋅ ♫ ⋅.

The long and large library that Y/n and Dream were in felt surreal, at least for the girl. She had never been in a room with so many of her favorite books, as well as new ones that she had never seen before. It was an amazing experience for her, and she felt the urge to thank the man who brought her here, even if before he was nothing but rude.

"Thank you for bringing me here. I will be no less than entertained." Dream smirked before walking over to the girl who was looking at a book she hadn't read before.

"It's no big deal, I just knew you liked books," Dream coughed into his hand to get her attention, watching as her eyes went from the book to him. "Is there a book or series that you've always wanted to read? We have basically everything here."

Dream watched as Y/n tapped her chin with her finger before finally getting an idea. "Oh! My boss told me about this one, it's called The Inbetween series. It's super rare and that there are only a few copies left. Do you have that?" Dream felt the same feeling of hope rise in his chest like last time.

The feeling of finally having someone there for you is one of remembrance. Dream knew he couldn't be alone for his whole life, but his heart was cold and hard; he himself couldn't crack the walls he put up. He was scared, he knew, but that's why he was with Y/n in the first place.

She had been a help to his family, and hopefully to him too.

Puffy knew most things around here, as well as people. The royal family came to her for advice or to vent about something on their minds, sometimes ranting about something that makes them happy. Dream had a feeling that Sapnap and Alyssa talked about Y/n in a positive light.

"Yes, actually. I do. Come with me." Dream ushered for her to follow him to the back of the library, where it started to increasingly got darker and more gloomy. Candles lit up the way until eventually they stopped, the area becoming dark. Y/n could barely see the hand in front of her, making her wander around aimlessly.

"Follow my voice." Y/n held out her hand as a way to try and navigate through the darkness, and jumped when she felt a warm hand grasp hers. The hand was much larger than hers and calloused, but soft in a way.

"I've got you. Let me lead you." Dream held her hand as he guided her through the incredibly large library. Suddenly he stopped and Y/n ran into his back. She heard him pick up a book and Y/n saw a flash of white before it was dark again.

Dream squeezed Y/n's hand before walking back to the lighted up area of the library. The middle of the library had a circle of couches with a clear coffee table in the middle. Dream still held onto Y/n's hand as he guided her to one of the couches and sat her down.

"You have good taste in books. I myself have been wanting to reread this series. Here," Dream sat down next to her on the couch and put the book in between each other. One of the book flaps rested on one of Y/n's thighs while the other rested on Dream's. "We can read it together."

Y/n enjoyed the time Dream was taking to let her read this extremely rare book, as well as him also reading the book too. He was reading over Y/n's shoulder hovering over her but not letting his head touch her. He was watching for her reactions when she got to certain parts, hoping that she would have the same reactions that he had when he read the book for the first time.

It was quiet in the library as the two read, and without thinking Dream put his head on her shoulder. Y/n jumped at the sudden comment and Dream retracted himself, his ears red.