Cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ 8

"𝐈𝐟 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧, 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮."
.⋅ ♫ ⋅.

VOLUME 3: THE LONELY PRINCES
-BEGIN-

The next day was a hectic one, and was putting it lightly. Alyssa decided to break into Y/n's house at the break of dawn to help her plan the small festival the town would be hosting for their savior, which would be Y/n. The girl still didn't understand why the little village did this for her in the first place, but Alyssa guilted her into it. Besides, who didn't like a little town festival?

"Y/n, so I was thinking about doing a fireworks show tonight to end the festival, are there certain colors you'd want to see?" Alyssa asked Y/n as she walked up. Currently the whole town was bustling trying to get decorations ready for the festival, and Alyssa was coordinating it all.

She must've really been worried about Y/n these past days she'd been gone. The bags under her eyes were proof of that.

Alyssa never liked staying in the castle with her brothers. She never told Y/n why; in fact, she tried to avoid it the best she could. It wasn't like it was Y/n's business anyways on what goes on in the Somniculosus castle, but one can't help but be curious. Ever since her husband passed she had spent more time in the village Y/n inhabited because she felt alone in that huge castle.

"Oh, I don't have a preference."

"Oh okay, so f/c." It worried Y/n sometimes how much Alyssa knew about her, but a best friend was a best friend for a reason.

It was just a little annoying how much she knew about Y/n and how in turn she knew nothing of Alyssa's life. She never talked about her brothers or her dead lover, always asking questions about her. Y/n of course answered them because there wasn't much Y/n really had to hide with the exception of a few embarrassing childhood stories laid about embedded in her memory.

Y/n heard footsteps coming their way but didn't pay mind to it, too busy watching Alyssa write everything down furiously. She was always so articulate about planning things out for her; it made her feel loved. It was also an added bonus that Alyssa enjoyed spoiling Y/n with her time and love.

"Alyssa." A voice called out to the two, and they both turned around to see who said the duchess's name. It turned out to be the second prince of Somniculosus, Nick, or Sapnap.

He was in more casual clothes today, a different look from when Y/n met him at the ball. Out of all the princes Alyssa talked about Sapnap the most. He was a flirt, as well as very charismatic. He was easygoing and could talk to him about anything. He was the most talkative of the group and Alyssa and him were the closest.

"Yeah?" she looked upset. Y/n hoped they didn't get into a fight or anything like that; Sapnap seemed to be the only person in the castle that Alyssa felt most comfortable around.

"Why are you still out here? Dream told you not to leave the castle." Alyssa huffed, rolling her eyes. Her small hands gripped the quill and book tightly, and Y/n felt her frustration from here.

Alyssa didn't talk of Clay much, but when she did she complained. Talking about how he never let her do anything for herself and always expressed his dislike for rubbing elbows with the lower class. He'd scold her for visiting Y/n so much because she was only a "commoner" and didn't deserver her time. It was angering to listen to, but it was comforting that Alyssa didn't share his beliefs.

"Dream isn't my father, I don't have to listen to him just because he's the oldest. Besides, I'm busy with something." Alyssa looked to Y/n, trying to tell Sapnap to just leave. Sapnap looked at Y/n and his eyes widened and his mouth formed an 'o' shape, like he hadn't even seen the girl until now.