Prologue

Prologue :  Begin

What happens to a child who’s been abandoned by society? 

A child that wanted nothing but love and care, but was instead shunned, hurt, and spat on like the dirt beneath the peoples feet? 

What happens when the child grows up, surrounded by these things that call themselves people; having to listen to their putrid words, beat down by their violent fists, hunched under their scorching glares. 

What happens to the child that was forced to survive like an animal in the wild, hunted by not only its own, but by anything that could bite? 

Well.

The child learns. 

Like all children, the child learns and absorbs and watches and catches and holds onto every bit of information it sees, hears, knows - the child learns and grows and evolves until there is nothing left that would even hint at it once being a child. 

No, it would evolve to survive, and when the people (monsters) finally let their gaze fall to what they’ve created, they’ll realize their mistake. 

Because in their wake, where once were the bright eyes of a beautiful child, would now only sit the shell of a being that's emerald eyes bore into their very souls and decided their futures. 

No one would have thought that treating a child as nothing would help them grow into the very thing they were - the very thing they were afraid of. 

No. No one expected a monster to be born. 

Prologue : End