Chapter 1: Raven

Authors note: Thank you to everyone who reads my story. Please vote, share, and comment. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

My name is Raven Kingsman. I am an 18 year old billionaire. How you might ask, well my mother and father were very wealthy, they were entrepreneurs but they also had money from their parents. My father was murdered a few months before I was born and my mother died giving birth to me so they left everything to me and Thea. Thea is my housekeeper, maid, cooker, and mother or at least the closest thing I have to one. My parents had it in their will that if something were to happen to them they wanted Thea to have custody of me, she had been with them for 15 years before they passed, she was their closest friend and confidant. They trusted her with their life and more importantly with mine. So on top of caring for me they also left their home which is more of a mansion and all their belongings to her, when I turned 18 it all became mine.

When I was old enough Thea gave me some letters from my mother and father, in them they told me little things about themselves and businesses. They also told me about how much they loves me. As I got older I began to ask questions wanting to know how my parents died that was how I learned they were murder by something that not many people believe exist. They believe these things are mythical, that they only exist in stories and movies. From that moment on I began studying any and everything that was about there kind, how to kill them being the man thing. Then I began training so that I could defeat them. Thus making me as they refer in there world a vampire slayer. Some may not believe in them I know I didn't but vampires do exist and I won't stop hunting until I find them all and kill them including the ones that killed my parents especially them. Your probably wondering how I am able to kill them and I'll explain. Somehow I developed strengths like the vamps but not as powerful. I can move rather fast not as fast but enough to keep up, I also have the ability to self heal with the exception of where it takes them mere minutes it can take anywhere from an hour to a day depending on the extent of the injury and I have there advanced hearing and smell. I also have the rare ability of being able to read there mind, shield them from using certain powers on me, and with the touch of my hand I can see there whole life past, present, and future. Most of my abilities would lead you to believe I am a vamp but I am as human as human can get.

I transformed my entire basement into a training course. I have gymnastic equipment for my balance and being able to swing from one pole to another, I have weapons all made of pure silver, I also train in all fighting styles which helps majorly. I have studied as to why i have vamp abilities but have came up with nothing. The only thing that i can think of is that some how i gained there strength when my mother was bitten before she went into labor but i didnt change into one of them but i cant be for sure. The only person who knew of what I do is Thea and although she doesn't approve she understands why I do it. During the day I am a college student but at night I am a huntress. Vampires are not affected by daylight but they do tend to be more active at night which is why I go out then.