Fun Facts: Behind the Scenes

Start from the beginning

If someone asked me if I wanted to go to heaven, I probably respond with, 'if I get to heaven, I will probably be happy, but if not, then it does not matter; it all depends on God's judgment and not mine.' Oh, my goodness, I'm so naive. After acknowledging Zach's life, I want to meet him personally, and the only way I can do that is to get to heaven. I mean, he is already there, and now it's my job to get there. I know if I ended up in hell or purgatory (it's a catholic belief), I probably won't meet him, so I'm going to try my darn best to get to heaven and finally meet him and thank him. I hope this helps you get to heaven, too, so we can all celebrate there.

Throughout my life, music has helped me to stay alive and helped me to do well in college, but a particular band named A Firm Handshake has enabled me to continue being alive and do much better in college than I already do. I cannot explain how many times I listen to them. I listen to their music when I'm showering, eating, walking, sleeping, studying, and any other daily activities. Throughout all of these writings, Zach and his band have helped me finish this through their music. I cannot and will not stop thanking them for helping me through their beautiful music, and hopefully, Zach can become a saint someday, and we all can see the process.

Yes, it's all true. Zach did help me closer to God. I knew I was close to Him but did not realize how far I was until I met Zach, his family, and friends. The beauty of friendship and support Zach had from his family and friends made me realize that I had that too, and I should appreciate it. Throughout my life, I thought friends come and go because of the experience I had with them. I know I have a few friends that I called best friends because we have been together throughout our lives, but most of my friends just come and goes. I thought it was a good definition of a friend until I heard Zach's friends and family's story. Then I realized my definition was completely wrong because a friend is someone who supports you through your struggles and accomplishments. It does not matter if you haven't seen them for a long time because they will always help you no matter what. His family and friends' difficulties had to go through when Zach had cancer and when he was terminal is unexplainable and remarkable. The challenges that my family has to go through when I was at the hospital for heart surgeries are inexplicable and extraordinary too. Zach's parents got closer to God when Zach was terminal is very inspiring because of all the prayers she prayed and finally accepted how Zach's life will end. Laura wanted Zach to be alive and have a successful life, but she did not understand why his lovable son was terminal. Yes, she was mad at God first, but when she finally accepted God's plan that He had with Zach without knowing what was His plan has acknowledged to me that Zach wanted to do a lot of things. One of them is raising awareness and inspiring people that we do not have to find out we are dying to start doing something about it or start living life or start pursuing our goals or start anything. Even his death did not stop him from being alive in all of us through his inspiration and teachings. My parents did not know why I was born with heart problems throughout my heart surgeries, but they did realize their faith got closer to God throughout my struggles, and they knew that they should trust God's plan without knowing it. Heck, I did not know God's plan in me until I met a healthy, unique, inspiring person named Zach Sobiech and his family and friends too.

For Zach's friends and family, I'm a stranger to them. They haven't met me yet and reading those letters that I send them can be strange. I mean, if a stranger told me my grandfather and my aunt is with me in my heart, supporting me through my struggles and achievements, I will creep out too. I will probably tell that stranger if they are okay and feeling well because they know that I have a decease grandpa and aunt. I know I'm not the only one in the world with two dead relatives, and I guess Zach being well known has helped me reach his friends and family. I know we all have different paths to get to heaven, but I think this is mine. I never realized this is my path to get to the clouds throughout writing this autobiography until Zach has helped me know it at the end of these stories. According to Justin Baldoni, he quoted in Laura's book, "I believe that Zach is just getting started; that is only the beginning." I know for sure Zach's effects or miracles have just started through many of us, and I'm glad that I'm one of them. I always thought, why did God send Zach to help me with my life, and I just realized he helped me get to heaven to meet him and help others get there too personally. I will never forget you and remind others of my true hero as I thank you, and I will always thank you, Zachary David Sobiech. See you soon, and I promise I will not screw up!