"Why haven't you been here before?!?… Huh?"

She then saw you on the ground. Unfortunately with the fight having slowed down somewhat your position seemed unusual.

"What's happening? Did you fall?"

"No." you replied. "I'll be alright." you replied, moving to a sitting position, your legs crossed underneath you.

"Selena just flew off to meet some official from the military. I like flying, but meetings are boring." she said, joining you.

"Depends on the meeting. Do you think meeting me is boring?"

"Usually. You can't talk to me because those girls are always around!" she lamented.

"I guess that's fair… it'll probably be a bit until I'm carried off this wall. What do you want to discuss?"

"Why can't I just push the core into first shift? It's easier than banging your head against the wall like you do!"

"Still quite the sharp tongue…" you called her out, causing her to dress her voice. "It's the one interesting thing I'm getting to think about these days."

"And what is your next idea?"

"Hmmm… I don't remember asking for help." you replied.

"I… I'm just curious! I mean…" the girl began excusing herself.

"You could be the one person who can find out. Assuming you don't tell Selena."

"Like a secret?" she asked, getting a glint in her eyes.

"Yes. Exactly." you replied, switching to dangling your feet over the edge, facing the interior courtyard.

Akatsuki tried to follow you and nearly tripped. Out of habit you tried putting your hand in front of her. Obviously she couldn't exactly fall or get saved by you. But otherwise her presence was quite authentic.

"If an IS is made to evolve based on desire or danger then…"

"If you do something stupid I'm telling on you." Akatsuki threatened.

"I'm past that… Mostly. But what I wanted to do is dangerous. If I'm honest all of this was not in my plans. It's just damage control."

"What?"

"Separating you from Houki, remaining within the academy…"

"Are you calling me damage control?!?"

"Keep up with what I'm saying. Stopping you from possibly rampaging was damage control." you clarified. "Before I had… larger plans. You should know what I mean. After all you said you don't know what to do with yourself."

"I…"

"Oh? You figured something out…"

Another impact shook the wall though, causing you to fall on your back, almost moving over the edge. You stepped back and closer to the middle of the surface.

"I've had enough!" you shouted, opening a communication channel. "Could you please take your squabbles somewhere they won't kill me again!"

"Huh? You saw that?" Cecilia asked.

"Why were you here?!" Charlotte also exclaimed, sounding as if she had been caught in a compromising position.

You didn't give her the satisfaction of replying or getting mad, instead standing up with the help of the wheelchair and using it to walk to the door leading inside. Akatsuki had taken a seat, dangling her feet as you walked.