ᴠɪ. ᴅᴀᴍɴᴇᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ!

𝖁𝕴. 𝖉𝖆𝖒𝖓𝖊𝖉 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘!

-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-

ᴀ ɢᴇɴᴛʟᴇ ʙᴏʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ɢᴇɴᴛʟᴇ ꜱᴏᴜʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ꜱᴏᴜʟ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴꜱ ɪᴛꜱ ᴏᴡɴ ᴏᴘᴘᴏꜱɪᴛᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴘᴏꜱɪᴛᴇ ᴏꜰ ɢᴇɴᴛʟᴇɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴡᴀꜱ ʀᴜᴛʜʟᴇꜱꜱɴᴇꜱꜱ—ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ᴡʀᴇᴄᴋᴀɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴇʀᴄʏ - ᴄ. ᴄʟᴀʀᴇ

-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-

It had been three days since Nico Di Angelo had left Camp Jupiter, and Loveday still couldn't shake the unnerving feeling that came with the barest thought of the dark haired son of Hade- Pluto!

It had been three weeks since Loveday had woken up outside of Camp Jupiter and her skin has stopped burning under the midday sun as September ran its course. She'd wake up every morning, the sweat lining her skin being the only remnant of whatever frequently forgotten dream she'd suffered through the previous night. Breakfast with Dakota, Gwen and little Hazel always put the smile right back on her face, especially when Jason would purposefully pass by their table to give her a smile and one of her favourite grape flavored lollipops.

Training had become far easier now that they'd figured out the mystery that was her godly parent. Of course she'd had to suffer through a particularly vicious argument with Octavian over the origins of the bronze metal of her spear. Thankfully, Reyna had swooped in with her dogs to survey her training, and Octavian had stormed back to his temple, grumbling the whole way.

The only thing amiss (besides her ever so fleeting memory that is) was the increasing frequency of what she could only class as nightmares.

She barely recognised her surroundings; she was on a mountain, maybe - yes, definitely a mountain. But before she had the time to truly take a look at what was around her, the presence of a weight on her shoulders stole her attention.

And it wasn't just heavy - it was excruciating.

Loveday's lips parted and a hellish scream left her lips, too hoarse to cry for help but too gruesome to ignore. Her fingers scrunched up against the heavy weight above her, nails cracking and skin ripping. Beads of sweat rolled down her face and onto her blood stained shirt - orange, she noted. Just like the shirt she'd been wearing when she'd wound up at Camp Jupiter. Before she could stop to about it, another gruesome cry rang out into the cold air.

"Ethan!"

It took Loveday a second to realise the screams were still coming from her own lips.

"Ethan? Are you there? Luke?"

Ethan? Could that be the E she'd thought of so fondly? The boy who'd tried to kill her? And who was Luke? Such a familiar name, and yet-

Oh.

"I really am sorry, Loveday," the blonde man said. "But loyalty to your little boyfriend isn't enough for us to trust you. Still, you are of some use to us yet I suppose - even if you are just a placeholder."

Loveday wanted to scream at the familiar blue eyed boy - Luke, she noted. Instead, her dream self spat at his feet.

"Where is he?" she cried. "Ethan wouldn't just leave me here!"

Luke smiled bitterly, the scar running down the side of his face rippling across his skin. "I feel for you, Loveday - I really do. All this pain, and for what? You were going to be our bait, but it seems no one is coming for you. We'll have to find someone else to do the job."