"Russian Roulette"

Mulai dari awal

         "Yeah, but I've made grown men cry with a flip-flop."

         Against her will, Ace felt a smile sharpening the side of her mouth. "Then we are even."

         Mavis tried hitting her again. 

         Now, Ace had easily trapped both of Mavis's hands. 

        "Are you ready?"

        "For what?"

         "Ask me."

         "Just give me one more chance." Mavis's eyes glittered with promise. She licked her lips.

          Ace restrained herself from fucking Mavis right then.

          "Try again," Ace dared in a low, harsh voice.

          Mavis raised herself onto her tiptoes. Ace saw it as her mouth twitched, hands fluttering. Blood was warming her brown skin, and Ace was beginning to realize she loved every beautiful, rosy shade of her wife.

           Mavis balled up her fists. Drew her eyebrows together. Furious willpower danced in her dark eyes as she prepared to launch a punch.

           Adorable, Ace thought.

          When Mavis threw out her fist, all Ace had to do was knock it aside. My turn. 

         Ace stepped closer towards Mavis, tilting her head down so she could meet Mavis's eyes.

         Then she slid her hand over Mavis's throat, like a necklace. 

         "This is how easy it would be for one of those mobsters out there to kill you," Ace whispered into her wife's ear. "All they'd have to do was squeeze." Keeping her touch gentle, Ace used her other hand to run her fingers through Mavis's curly, tangled hair.

         "But―"

         "If I thought teaching you self-defense right now would save your life in any way possible, I would. But nothing I do right now will stop those men out there."

         "So what? I'm helpless?"

         "Of course not," Ace said fiercely. "You have me."

         "Could you really on take on five gentlemanly mobsters?"

         All Ace had to do was raise a single eyebrow, and Mavis blushed. Yes, boginya indeed. 

         "So . . ." Mavis's breathing had turned uneven. Ace recognized that weakness, and she smiled. "It would really be this easy to kill me?"

          Ace's hand was a light touch on Mavis's throat. "With the right pressure, yes."

          "Is it wrong that I feel . . ." Mavis swallowed. "Incredibly turned on right now?"

        The bathroom door opened.

         Ace saw a woman in her forties with blonde hair and a furry cheetah print sweater pause mid-step.

         The woman had hot-pink lipstick. Her mouth opened into an O. She started, "I―"

         Ace lifted her eyes off Mavis, and it took every ounce of restraint in her body not to unsheathe her gun and shoot the woman. It was Mavis's silent warning―Don't you dare―that stopped her.

         Instead, all Ace did was turn around.

         She did not have to speak.

         The woman's mouth opened, closed, and opened. "Okay, I'll just―"