"You use the word friend like it applies here. You know whatever it is, is more than friends."

"Sophia, we're just friends. That's all it is, and that's all it's going to amount to. It's gets too complicated and messy when things... get too close." I explained and she shrugged.

"I give it 2 weeks."

"And how's that girl from the other week? What was her name again? Lily?" She rolled her eyes as her face began to turn a hint of pink.

"Her name is Leah, and I'm actually seeing her again this weekend." Soph shot back with a smug smile.

"Oh my god. A second date? You, Sophia Gibson, have a second date with a girl? She must be special, this is unheard of." I said sarcastically and she rolled her eyes and flipped me off.

"I can't believe you're leaving for 5 months..." she said in a serious soft tone now "I'm so happy for you, this is going to be so huge for your career, you have no idea. And the experience you're about to get? You'll be so high profile you won't have time for all of us at the studio after you're home." She said and I smiled at her. She was right, this is going to be huge for my career and portfolio, and the experience ill earn, the new techniques and practice I'll get will get me even further with my photography. This will really put me on the map in my field.

"And you swear you're okay feeding Arlo for that long? I can always ask the woman downstairs to leave food out for him, she thinks he's super cute and always leaves me little bags of cats treats every so often." I asked her nervously and she scoffed and nodded quickly.

"Oh please, I don't mind. And this way I can send you pictures and videos, and someone will be here to water your plants, because let's face it, if you come back and all your plants are dead, you'll cry." She said and I wanted to fight back... but I knew she was right. "Plus, Arlo and I almost became friends the last time I watched him. He almost let me stand at the door and watch him while he sat on the table outside." She said and it made me kind of sad to be leaving for so long. I'm gonna miss Arlo, and I'm gonna Sophia. She truly is such a amazing friend to be doing this for me and taking care of everything here while I'm off somewhere with Harry and the team.

"You better send loads of pictures and videos. You're welcome to hang here or sleepover here whenever you want, you don't have to just come in, feed the cat, water the plants and leave. Get comfy." I told her and she smiled and nodded.

"I just hope you have fun, this is so amazing for you. Just... I know it's easy to get wrapped up in the excitement of it all, and I know it's easy to get wrapped up in him, this is your moment. It's his tour, but this is your moment, be extraordinary, blow everyone away. Don't let him shadow that, don't let him consume you. I know that you feel everything so passionately, it makes you an amazing friend and person, but don't let yourself get swept up in the excitement of it all. Do not settle for half assed efforts, and clouded judgment. Take what you need, and demand what you're missing. Be a bitch if you have to, don't roll over and let people push you around, take control and be a bitch if you have to be and don't feel guilty about it, don't feel guilty demanding what you need. You're an amazing photographer, and an even more amazing person, don't let anyone forget the reason why you're there. It's not because of whatever weird thing you have with Harry, you're there because you're extremely talented in what you do, be cocky, take up as much space as you need- do not make yourself feel small for the sake of others." I smiled softly to her taking in what she said. She was right, this is my moment to show just how good I am at what I do, I need to be assertive and ask for what I want, I need to set myself up to do well, even if it means stepping out of my comfort zone and being a little pushy.

I leaned over and wrapped my arms around my best friend as she snaked her around my neck and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you." I said quietly

"You're gonna kill it." She said as she pulled away and smiled at me. "And if you do end up having sex with him again, you better call me when you go to tell Sarah and the three of us can scream about it."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Hello hello hello!!!

Sorry I've been MIA, life has really gotten the better of me this last week. But even with being inactive and all, I still see the reads and votes going up, and that means so much!!

I promise I'm going to try and focus more on writing this week and getting some content out for all of you amazing amazing readers.

Thank you thank you thank you as always. I hope everyone's still enjoying the book, don't forget to vote for your favorite chapters and leave your thoughts, opinions, and even any ideas or characters you wanna see in the comments or even my messages! No idea is a bad idea.

All the love,
r