She scanned over James' things, and on his bedside table low and behold the Marauders Map.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," Gen mumbled and watched as ink appeared onto the once clear parchment.

MESSRS AND MS
MOONY, WORMTAIL, PADFOOT, PRONGS AND GINGY

are proud to present

THE MARAUDERS MAP

It wasn't hard to find the three boys names, and she watched as they crept through halls at a quick pace. Creases appeared on her forehead when they started across the grounds of Hogwarts and made their way towards the Whomping Willow tree.

What made Genevieve even more confused though was the name that stood pacing in the Shrieking Shack.

What the fuck is Remus Lupin doing there?

Genevieve walked over to the window and opened it to let in some air. It was only mid winter, but the room had suddenly become humid.

She watched as the wind wrapped itself around frozen leaves and made them dance for the stars that were glowing above. The moon illuminated everything around it, making whatever it was visible to glow.

The moon.

The moon.

Genevieve made her way back down the stairs to the common room and grabbed the book that she had been reading for her Defence Against the Dark Arts essay, flicking through the pages and reading each sentence of each paragraph carefully.

Gen swallowed thickly and closed her eyes, counting to ten and trying to process all the information she had just learned. She opened her eyes again and let out a shaky breath, folding her arms and sitting back in her seat.

Remus Lupin gets sick once a month and blames it on a 'weak immune system'.

Remus Lupin is covered in scars and told her he was involved in a 'dog accident', which she supposed was true in a way.

Remus Lupin was in the Shrieking Shack, a supposedly haunted house, on a full moon.

Genevieve wasn't one to jump to conclusions, but it was hard to deny her sudden discovery. If her brain was correct (and it usually was), then Remus Lupin is a werewolf.

Genevieve walked back up to the Marauders dormitory with her head buzzing in confusion. She had so many questions, and she didn't know if they would be answered or not. She sat herself down on Remus's bed, the scent of coffee and chocolate filling her senses as soon as she rested her head on the pillows. It was a comforting smell for some reason.

While laid comfortably, Gen couldn't help but think about Remus. She had been friends, best friends, with him for five years and never noticed a thing. What she couldn't get past, however, was why he didn't tell her? She had no doubts that James, Sirius and Peter knew, otherwise they wouldn't have snuck out earlier, but how was she so different to them? Brotherly bond was a strong thing, but Genevieve thought that Remus and hers bond was strong enough to be as close as that.

She wasn't at all mad Remus hadn't told her, how could he? Telling Genevieve would be risking his own safety. She was more upset, offended even, that he hadn't trusted her with this, but she wouldn't tell him that.