Could I tell any of them I was in danger? That I couldn't get away from the man with me? How could I do that without Levi knowing?

Several minutes pass before a nurse comes out one of the two doors and calls my name. Levi and I then stand from the chair and begin to walk towards the nurse. How he even made all of this possible, I'm not sure, and how he expected it to go, I didn't know either. What am I supposed to tell them when they ask about the bruises on my neck? I guess Levi will do all the talking.

The nurse first measures my height and weight (5'8 and 115.71 pounds) in a little area in the hallway before guiding us back into a room. The unblinded window allows in a lot of sunlight and a view of the small woods beside the building. I take a seat on the examination bed while Levi sits in the armchair directly across in front of the window, and the nurse walks over to the cabinets in the corner.

As she starts checking my blood pressure and everything, I try to remember the last time I went to the doctor's office. It's been years.

The nurse begins the basics: taking my temperature, checking my vitals and heart rate. It's when she takes my blood pressure that I notice the small flat screen TV playing up in the corner of the room, above Levi. It plays the news. I watch in horror as I see a clip of three days ago, when we went to the gala event. The police were there, so it must've happened after we left. The building was taped off and police were keeping people out. I read the blocked captions at the bottom of the screen since the TV was on mute: Xavior Griffin Paul was found dead on September 6th, three days ago, with one stab wound to the abdomen and his fingertips burned.

It cuts to a photo of one of the men I met that night with Levi...the one he disappeared with before I ran out with...

I can almost feel myself start to gag from the memory as I continue to read the closed captions about who Xavior was and what they had so far on the case. I glimpse down at Levi when I see he also looks down from the TV across to me. A smirk spreads across his lips before he raises his index finger to press against them.

"You're blood pressure was increasing a lot, Miss Mai-" The nurse looks at me in the eyes with worry.

"S-Sorry, t-the news..." I point my available hand over to the TV before glancing behind her back to Levi. He stares at me, and I quickly continue, "Morbid things scare me."

She glimpses up over her shoulder before contorting her face into a frown. "Oh, I'm sorry, sweetie. Let me change the channel for you." She steps over to the counter for the remote before switching the channel to some soap opera. Then she restarts the process after I try to calm down again, getting a closer to accurate reading this time. After that, she announces the doctor will be here soon to finish the check up before leaving the room.

The room is filled with silence. I avoid looking across to Levi as I feel his hot gaze on me. My heart was in my chest racing as endless thoughts ran through my head. The Mando brother, the other man in the basement, the man at the event, what he told me he did for a living, what he made me do, meeting him... Shit! How do I get away from a psychopath?

"Stop crying." He demands, breaking the silence with a deep voice, "Don't make a scene."

I reach up to wipe my eyes. I was scared. What was I supposed to do? He'll kill me someday if I don't get away from him, I know it. If other men who weren't even murderers were ready to, I had no doubt that the actual murderer wouldn't even hesitate.

Eventually, the doctor in a white coat, a tall white lady with short curly hair, enters the room, greeting and introducing herself with a smile. Levi introduces us with his sickening charm, and I try to shed the kindest smile that I could. She asks me a few questions about my health, simple questions like if I was on any medications or if I had any prior health issues, especially since I was underweight.