Chapter 16- the escape

Recap

I'm coming Ruby. Just hold on.

*****

"We're is she?" I asked Ruby's mum.

When I came to Ruby's home the day after her birthday, I could tell she wasn't there. The lights weren't on and she would usually play music but all I heard was silence and my stomached dropped to my feet. I tried to open the door but it was locked so with all the strength I had, I pulled the door right of its hinges.

When I went inside I started to scream her name. The house was still a mess and knew Ruby wouldn't of left it like this. I ran up to her room still screaming her name but I was only met with silence.

I ran down to the kitchen an saw dried up blood and everything in my world shattered. Everything stopped and everything became blurry.

Ruby's blood.

Bile rose in my throat and I hadn't realised that my body was shaking.

There was a note on the table was I slowly got up.

"You really shouldn't have killed someone I love, so I'm going to kill someone you love"

No. No. No. This can't be happening. Ruby. Dead! I can't even imagine it. The thought of her bloody body made me want to throw something.

I knew who wrote this. Fucking Chris Newton. My father killed his father on a business disagreement and because my dad looked younger than he does and I looked older, people mistaken us and thought I shot him and apparently Chris was one of them.

My father is responsible of Ruby's kidnapping. No I was. I shouldn't of left her. I shouldn't of asked her to be mine. I shouldn't of brought her in my life but I couldn't stay away. My Ruby could be hurt or... or killed.

I can't think about that.

I saw on the kitchen floor a silver object but when I looked closer, I knew what it was, the silver necklace. The necklace I got her for her birthday was broken into two.

That made me cry. That made this bad boy cry. I couldn't handle it. Ruby shouldn't of gotten into my mess.

I screamed to the ceiling by bunched my fist to my hair.

Oh god. I'm so sorry Ruby.

After 2 weeks I didn't sleep at all. I told Ruby's friends what happened and who took her and why and they all cried. Ryan was there for Daisy and apparently Collin and Beth were together as well. I called my best mate Kale to help but when he arrived, I could tell he had a thing for Mia.

We looked for weeks,trying to find her. Trying to find any clue at where she could be, but we found nothing and as the days went by, I feared the worst but still didn't give up.

When Ruby's mum showed up with a guy called Bill who she met and I told her what happened, she too cried.

She didn't stop. I didn't blame her. Bill looked after her and I could tell they were in love but right now, I needed the girl I loved.

The next day Ruby's mum said that she had a tracking device in Ruby when she was little but where she was, the reception was so bad, we couldn't reach her. And now we finally did. We had her.

"So where is she" I frantically asked Ruby's mum

"We found her. She's in the cemetery on Brooklyn. But that 3 hours away"

I don't care.

"Alright. You guys organised yourself. I'll go on my bike ahead of you" I said. I don't care if they disagreed but they all agreed and I rode my motorcycle go her.

I'm getting my girl back even if it kills me.

Ruby's POV

I screamed in pain as Chris stepped onto my broken arm.

"Oh shut up you baby" he said and pushed harder.

Tears were rolling down my face.

Chris had broken two of my arms, all my fingers were broken with hammer and dislocated my shoulder.

"I should just kill you now. Ashton isn't coming" Chris said.

"Please don't" I croaked out. I know Ashton's not coming for me but I still want to die.

Blood was on my lip and bruises covered my body. I've been beaten so much, I feel numb.

"Now now babe. Your not suppose to talk" Chris said coming over to me with the beating stick.

I screamed in horror but then I heard the Angels voice

"Ruby! Ruby are you in there!"

Ashton. Ashton came for me.

"Ashton! Help me! Ashton!" I managed to yell but Chris grabbed by the throat.

"Shut up!"

I heard police sirens outside and then the door burst open but then Chris dropped me and my head smashed into the floor and the last thing I saw was Ashton coming towards me with tears in his eyes.

My bad boy came for me.