Charpter 12- this isnt happening

Recap

"Hello Ruby"

All colour drained from my face. I finally know who the new boy is.

Chris Newton

***********

I slowly turned my back and saw Chris staring down at me.

He can't be here. Why is he here. This isn't happening. This is a dream. It has to be!

"C-Chris?" I stuttered out

"Hey beautiful"

I inwardly shuddered in disgust. That was his nickname for me and used to love it. It made me feel beautiful but now I absolutely hate it. I love Ashton's nickname. It makes my heart beat pick up and smile.

"You know him?" I heard Beth and Daisy behind me.

I just stared at Chris.

Why is he here? There are plenty of schools to go to, why here?

Chris still looks the and as 2 years ago when we were together. He still has the same long blonde hair but not the same as Ashton's long brown hair that I can run my fingers through. Chris had blue eyes that used to suck me in but I'm now in love with a green eyed boy. There both tanned and built to satisfaction but Ashton is more muscular.

I felt someone grab my arm but I hardly notice it. I found myself in the woods near the school gates and Mia gave me a sympathetic look. She knows about Chris. Only her and Ashton.

"What's going on?" Beth asked

"Who is he?" Daisy asked

I didn't answer. I was too shocked to answer but Mia knew that and she told them.

"Chris is Ruby's ex"

They both gasped

"Why? What did he do?" Beth asked

"He cheated on her" replied Mia

I couldn't handle this anymore, I dropped onto the floor and cried my heart out.

I was doing so well. I'm having fun now. I'm now the better Ruby then I was before. When he broke my heart I was depressed but now I'm happy and carefree. I don't want him to change that about me.

I heard Mia say something to Beth and she went off somewhere and then moments later I felt two muscular arms around me and Beth, Daisy and Mia weren't here anymore.

"Sshh. It's ok Kitten I'm here. I've got you"

Ashton tenderly kissed the top of my head and I curled into his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my head into his neck.

How can Ashton make me feel so safe. So secure. So happy and so... Loved.

After about 10 minutes the bell went and I reluctantly got out of Ashton's arms.

"Chris is here" I whispered.

"What kitten?"

He didn't hear me

"Chris my ex is the the new boy"

Ashton's eyes widened and then turned to anger. His fist were clenched and is jaw tightened. He was about to get up and I knew who he was looking for.

"No Ashton" I said placing my hand on his forearm" I need you here"

Ashton's eyes immediately soften and he sat back down and wrapped his arms me.

"I'm so sorry" he whispered.

After about 5 minutes later the warning bell went so we had to get up. We both had English together so we sat together and he held me close to his side.