Chapter 22: The Destruction Gem

Börja om från början

"A blueprint of this place?" Annabeth asked Leo. He nodded in response. Of course! Annabeth knows architecture, we're saved.

"I think I can map up this place with the security camera's," Annabeth said. Then, she pointed to a specific room on the blueprint. "If our parents are in room A, then this would be where they are. Unfortunately, it's pretty far from our room."

"That would be a problem if we want to get out of here and save them," Piper said. Annabeth nodded.

"In that case we need to get out of here," Nico said.

"How? I've been trying to break this glass since yesterday," Piper said.

I thought for awhile while fingering a necklace of mine. It was a gift from my mom, I wore it everyday after she went missing. It's a normal necklace with a diamond dangling from the rope of the necklace. The diamond reminds me of the S.T.E.A.M Fair I attended and won fourth place.

I remembered what I had explain on that fair. I also explain about diamonds. I remembered when I said " Diamond has the highest hardness and thermal conductivity of any natural material, properties that are utilized in major industrial applications such as cutting and polishing tools." to the judges, it means that diamonds are one of the hardest substance on earth and can be used as a cutting or polishing tool.

Wait, hardest substance on earth that can be used for cutting.

That's it!

"Leo, do you have a drill in your bag?" I asked. Please, please, please.

"Yeah," Leo said with a little uncertainty. "Why?"

I showed everyone my necklace. Everyone raised an eyebrow except for Annabeth, her eyes wide.

"Okay?" Piper said. "That's a really nice necklace Hazel, but I don't think it could help right now."

"It could," Annabeth said. She looked at me with a smile. "Hazel, that's great."

"Yeah," I said. Everyone else still looked confused. I grabbed Leo's drill.

"Do any of you have glue?" I asked.

Leo nodded and grabbed some super glue from his bag. "From the plan we made," he said. I took the glue from him.

"What are you planning?" Nico asked.

"The diamond guys," I said. "Don't tell me you guys forgot about my presentation on the S.T.E.A.M."

"Yeah but that doesn't-oh," Leo said. "Of course, that's it." I nodded.

"What's it?" Piper asked still confused.

"If you need to break open a heat strengthened glass, use a glass cutter, could cut the airlock window," I said. "And diamonds are one of the hardest substance on Earth and can be used as a cutting tool."

"Ooh," Piper and Nico said in unison.

I took the diamond out of my necklace and super glue it to the drill. I turned the drill on and make a circle on the glass. After a few minutes, a circle was cut of from the glass, big enough to go through. I got out first and freed Nico the same way. Finally! We got out.

"The air here is way better than in the glass jail," Nico said. I nodded.

"How are we going to save our parents?" I asked.

"How about going undercover as one of the people that work here?" Leo suggested. "You know, like one of those spy movies."

"But how?" I asked.