Chapter Five: The Engagement Party

Start from the beginning

There's a possessive glint in his eyes I've never seen before. "Let me know if Robin ever does anything that crosses the line. Or anyone else, for that matter..." Ezra's voice deepens then softens. "...Myself included." I bite my lip, "Ezra... I can take care of myself. I've been handling guys like Robin my whole adult life." Ezra pauses a little, "You shouldn't have to..." I shrug it off. "No, I shouldn't. But as much as I like your protective side, you should save it for your fiancee. I don't need a knight in shining armor."

Ezra's grip tightens on my leg, just a little, and a thrill runs through me. "I'm not trying to ride in and save the day, Y/N. I'm just..." I smirk, "Trying to keep me for yourself?" I meant it as a joke, but in light of the intensity in his eyes, the question comes out completely sincere.

After a long moment, Ezra finally admits, "Maybe..." I lay my hand over Ezra's and gently guide it up my leg. I shiver as his fingers brush my inner thigh, tracing delicate circles across my skin. "Ezra..." I lower my voice. He stares into my eyes, "Tell me to stop." He whispers back to me. His fingers slide further up, leaving a teasing trail of fiery touches. "I don't want you to." He tilts his head, "Y/N..."

My eyes flutter closed as I moan, willing him to keep touching me... begging him to apply more pressure...

"Please, don't stop..." Ezra visibly gulps, "God, I want to taste you..." Ezra's fingers finally reach the apex between my thighs, lightly brushing against the fabric of my panties. "I want to make you say my name." His fingers slip beneath the remaining fabric, and I gasp. "...Ezra..." 

Suddenly, I realize the music has stopped, and the car is parked. "We're home!" Ezra quickly disentangles himself from me. The partition rolls down just as the two of us settle on opposite sides of the backseat.

"We've arrived. I'll let you out here and then park the car. Unless you need something else?" Carter smiles at us through the rearview mirror. "No, that will be all." Ezra clears his throat. "Thanks, Carter." I smile back at him.

Ezra steps out of the car, then reaches back to help me out behind him. I take his hand, feeling the spark ignite between us. "Shall we?" He smiles at me. I nod, trying to shake it off and act like nothing happened, but I just can't...

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Before I know it, the day of the engagement party has finally arrived. With the afternoon off, I met up with Bela to shop for the perfect look. "Okay, I know you've been holding out on me. Spill! Where did it happen? How long did it last? Is he good as he looks?" Bela smirks at me with a nudge. I felt my cheeks flood with heat as I try to shush her, frantically looking around to make sure no one heard.

"Bela! Nothing like that has happened." I give her a small glare. "Yet! Don't you stand there and lie to me. I took two trains and a taxi to get here." She smirks at me.

With a sigh, I lower my voice and fill Bela in on everything... the close calls, the jealousy, the engagement. "I'm going to have him no matter what." I smirk. "I like your spunk! Do you have a plan? Posing naked in his bed always works." Bela teases. I roll my eyes playfully. "Bela..." She gasps, "Hold that thought!"

Bela races through the racks and picks up a gorgeous gown. "Y/N! This is the one. The one the prophecy foretold. You've got to try it on!" She shows it to me. I look at the beautiful lace and the flattering silhouette that shows just enough leg. I smile, "Hand it over."

I look at the blue lace dress and then run to the dressing room to try it on. It stops at my thighs and the straps are spaghetti straps with a lace outline. "Well, what do you think?" Bela smiles at me, "You look amazing. Ezra won't be able to peel his eyes off of you." I wink at her, "Perfect." I walk back into the dressing room to change back.