SEVEN- Mystery Man Revealed

Sherlock was sitting on the back steps of the ambulance while Anita was leaning against the back nearby. The paramedics kept putting an orange blanket around Sherlock's shoulders, though he kept trying to shrug it off.

"Why have I got this blanket? They keep putting this blanket on me," Sherlock said, gesturing to the blanket. Anita smiled and pushed herself off the ambulance.

"It's for shock," Anita explained through giggles. Sherlock smiled slightly at making her laugh.

"But I'm not in shock," he replied.

"Yeah, but some of the guys wanna take photographs," Lestrade said as he walked over to Sherlock and Anita. Sherlocked rolled his eyes at Lestrade's statement.

"So, the shooter. No sign?" Sherlock questioned.

"Cleared off before we got 'ere. But a guy like that would have had enemies, I suppose. One of them could have been following him but... got nothing to go on," Lestrade explained. Anita just smiled and stood by watching the scene play out. Sherlock gave Lestrade a pointed look.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that," Sherlock said. It was Lestrade's turn to roll his eyes. Sherlock stood up and started walking. Anita was just following, not saying anything. She wanted Sherlock to figure the answer out for himself.

"Okay, gimme," Lestrade bargained.

"The bullet they just dug out of the walls came from a handgun. Kill shot over that distance from that kind of a weapon- that's a crack shot you're looking for. No not just a marksman; a fighter. His hands couldn't have shaken at all, so clearly he's acclimatized to violence. He didn't fire until I was in immediate danger, though, so strong moral principle. You're looking for a man probably with a history of military service... and nerves of steel..." Sherlock trailed off and he looked around the area and saw John standing behind the police tape. As John looked back at the duo innocently, he nodded and then turned his head away. Sherlock then turned his gaze to Anita, who was looking at him. She winked at him before turning away. Sherlock was finally making the connection. Sherlock turned back to Lestrade.

"Actually, do you know what? Ignore me."

"Sorry?" Lestrade asked, bewildered at his sudden change of character.

"Ignore all of what he said. It's the shock talking," Anita explained to the inspector as Sherlock and her started to walk over to John.

"Where're you two going?" Lestrade questioned.

"I need to talk about the-the rent," Sherlock told Lestrade as the two of them kept walking.

"But I've still got questions for you," Lestrade insisted to Sherlock.

"Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket!" Sherlock answered as he turned around to brandish the blanket to Lestrade.

"Sherlock!" Lestrade called after him.

"Lestrade, he just caught you a serial killer. More or less," Anita reasoned. Lestrade glanced between the two thoughtfully.

"Okay. We'll bring you in tomorrow. Off you go," he answered. Anita sent him an appreciative smile and nod before her and Sherlock walked off. Sherlock had taken his blanket off and threw it into an open window of a police car. Then Anita and Sherlock ducked under the police tape.

"Um, Sergeant Donovan's just been explaining everything, the two pills. Been a dreadful business, hasn't it? Dreadful," John said, trying to act innocent.

"Good shot," Anita congratulated.

"Yes. Yes, must have been, through that window," John said, looking less and less innocent as time passed.